Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mocha81 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

May 1, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Boyfriend flirting at work
    I've been with my boyfriend for 11 months now and we love each other. Spend pretty much every minute of the day together. We also work together. We do not live together though.

At the beginning of our relationship I thought he and this other woman liked each other. Later on he ended up asking me out and here we are 11 months later.. This woman transferred out of town for a few months and I was relieved she was gone. 3 months later she ends up transferring back for family reasons and it seems like they're getting closer. I wouldn't say he's cheating on me but it's like he's smiling when he sees her and seems to care about what's going on in her life more than anyone else.

He would joke around about threesome someday and I know he kept asking months ago well if we did do that who would you have in mind.. just to say. And I knew it I knew he had her in mind.. I'd never ever do that. Lately every time he'll mention anything about her or I hear her name from anyone else or see her around at work I can't stand her.

I don't know if this is just me imagining this. Or if something is going on with them. I feel like I'm distancing myself from him over this. What should I do or say?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2009, 01:07 PM

Confront him, ask him what's going on.

If you can't talk to him then this relationship won't last.

Communication is key, not go insert the key in the lock!

Good luck.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 1, 2009, 01:17 PM

He's obviously attracted to this woman. It's time to confront him about this issue.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

May 1, 2009, 01:21 PM

Altenweg is right. You need to talk to him about that and your feelings regarding this woman. A relationship without communication is like a goldfish out of ranch... That makes me hungry.

If you tell him, he will truly listen to what you have to say if he loves you. If he doesn't listen... cyu mister!
    Mary99 Posts: 26, Reputation: 8

May 1, 2009, 04:03 PM

Definitely ask him about her. Also tell him it bothers you when he talks about threesomes with her. If he doesn't seem interested in the conversation or avoids your questions. I would be worried about continuing a relationship with him

May 2, 2009, 06:34 AM

She gets under my skin at work acting rude and then all of a sudden act nice with me. Feel like she's testing me or something and he'll just brush it off saying it's nothing or it's just the way she is. ( not about the rude and nice thing but the way she'll "joke" around)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 2, 2009, 10:05 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...rt-243181.html

Is this the guy in question?? Don't let this female push your buttons, and drive a wedge between you. Talk to him, and let him know what she is doing, and how you feel about it.

Its rough when you have to see someone everyday, and they are in your face with BS.

May 4, 2009, 03:03 AM

I've talked to him about the way she's been with me and he said oh she's just used to working with guys.. she's worked with us for over a year and there are more girls that we work with then guys. Ok maybe in the past but you adjust. That's a lame excuse.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 04:20 AM
    I think it sounds a little suspicious.

But firstly you need to talk to him about your relationship with him, not about her relationship with you. He can't do anything about her behaviour, but he can do something about his behaviour. Especially the stuff about the threesomes.

You can also do something about your reactions to her. Ignore her and don't take it personally, it sounds as if she's trying to get a reaction from you, and possibly drive a wedge between you and your BF. She'll eventually stop when she sees that she doesn't have an effect on you.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 07:44 AM

The only way you are going to get anywhere is if you talk to him, this relationship won't last if you don't talk to him
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 4, 2009, 08:12 AM

Your whole problem starts, and ends with how you deal with this female. If you let her drive that wedge between you two, then she wins. I would ignore her, and not let her push your buttons like that.

Your boyfriend is a totally different issue though. As don't beat a dead horse, but let him know you don't want to hear anything about her, and a mention of a 3 some with her, gets a stern tongue lashing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

By boyfriend was flirting with my best friend [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now. My boyfriend, two of my girl friends that he had only mt once, his cousin and I , went to a club the other night. All day before the night, my boyfriend and I were really excited about one another and would not stop kissing and all. Anyway,...

Flirting at work [ 3 Answers ]

I know that workplace romances only lead to trouble, but there is a girl I work with that it very flirty with me, but I'm not sure if she's teasing. I really like her a lot, but I'm not sure what her intentions are. If she's teasing, that's just cruel. I promised myself that I wouldn't fall for...

Boyfriend has lost interest in life, sex, me, work. [ 3 Answers ]

I know there are similar questions, but I kind of felt my circumstances were new.. My BF and I have been together just over 2 years. We have been through many ups and downs. For a long time I suffered identity issues and depression and anxiety. When I met my BF I was stuck in a world of image.. I...

My boyfriend was out of work and has left me [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, my boyfriend was out of work when I started a relationship with him, I paid of his debts, fines, supplied him with food, bought his clothes got him his passport, driving license, paid his mobile phone etc..,. got him his well paid job, now basically he has left me £6000 in debt,. he turned...

Boyfriend wants time (no deadline),asked me not to wait, while he fig his hectic work [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to think. The last time we talked, he suddenly told me he really need some time alone. The day before, we just had a nice night out. Fact is, he's always really busy at work, and he hardly have anytime for me. I'm okay with that, except that at last time on the phone, he...

View more questions Search