Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

May 1, 2009, 07:38 AM
    6 weeks pregnant and spotting
    I am 6 weeks pregnant and last night around 10 pm I went to the bathroom to pee. Well when I finished I wiped and found pink blood on the tissue. I wiped again just to be sure and again it had pink blood on it ( a thick stripe). I have had the flu for the past few days so everything hurts, including my tummy so I have no idea if I am really cramping or not.

I woke up a few times in the night and had no spotting, and I just went again and wiped and nothing on the tissue. I have had 3 missariages before and one viable baby, my daughter. The last three miscarriages were painful and I spotted a lot within the frist 48 hours. Am I over racting? My OB is off the weekend and my regular DR is booked up as always. What should I do? I can't relax too much I have 10 month old at home.

Any answers would so appriated.
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

May 1, 2009, 09:00 AM

I've known women who had spotting throughout their entire pregnancy and the baby was fine. Considering your history it never hurts to get yourself checked out.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 12:00 PM

Usually spotting in early pregnancy is not a concern. If you were to have a fair amount of red bleeding and consistent cramping it would be more so, but even then it does not always mean a miscarriage is imminent.

If it remains the little bit of spotting, just give your doctor a call on Monday. If it becomes more, or you are very concerned, get checked out at the ER.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 02:06 PM

Could be implantation bleeding, because of your history its hard to stay calm and not panic. But doula is correct wait and watch it for a few days if you absolutely cannot wait then go to your local ER and have them do an ultrasound to see if the baby has implanted and if a heartbeat can be detected as of yet. I also had bleeding throughout my last pregnancy with my son.

Good luck and try not to worry too much.
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

May 1, 2009, 02:27 PM

This has to be scary considering your history of miscarriage. Its been more than 12 hours now since you noticed spotting. Is it getting any heavier? If I was you I'd call my OB's office. There must be an answering service you could leave a message with and your doc could call you back. Your OB would probably tell you AT LEAST to rest and stay off your feet as much as possible and if it gets worse to go to ER right away. I think you should call the doctor. I hope everything works out OK. Good luck.
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

May 1, 2009, 03:42 PM

Thanks everyone for the great answers, they are all so appreciated.

The bleeding has not gotten heavier as of yet. I did just wipe again and saw tiny bit of pink blood, that's the only time today. I also really had to look at the tissue to see it.

Now what I have noticed and it may not have anything to do with the baby, but I have the flu. Every time I cough for a long period, or cough really hard, that's when I noticed the spotting. Could that have anything to do with it?

I know with my history it is hard no to worry, because this is my fifth pregnancy.
    beall1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 05:42 PM
    I am resll 6 week pregnant I am peeing a lot at night no the moren to my name is abbie labiche I am 20 yers old I did the pregnant test onlin say I am pregnant tomor I am 7th week pregnant

Mar 6, 2011, 05:44 PM
    I am peeing a lot to

Mar 6, 2011, 05:46 PM
    My belly is kicking

Mar 6, 2011, 05:59 PM
    I am reall pregnant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and began spotting after masturbation is this bad? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have been spotting for the past 2 days its just pink blood but there are little particles of what looks like tissues like you'd see when you have your period but there are not many and they are tiny though there hasn't been enuf where I've seen it in my under wear just when...

I'm five weeks pregnant but with spotting [ 26 Answers ]

Hi guys I am five weeks pregnant with slight pink spotting after I use the restroom with clear fluid discharge. I also had leg cramps with a lower backache yesterday but I'm OK today. Went to see the doc. The ultrasound shows the sac but doesn't show the foetus. The doc asked me to go for an...

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and spotting [ 4 Answers ]

I am a little over 5 weeks pregnant and I just started spotting. But I did have sex lastnight is this normal? My first ob appt isn't until July 15th.

8 weeks pregnant br0wn spotting? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 8 weeks pregnant and this morning and still I noticed br0wn spotting , followed by sometimes a little brown clotting ? I have mild cramps and a little nauseous.. is this normal?? I kn0w they say n0t t0 worry unless its RED and a heavy flow but I'm just concerned since its my first pregnancy.

Spotting at 25 weeks pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am 25 weeks pregnant. On Friday night after straining during during a bowel movement, I had some slight vaginal bleeding/spotting. I went into the emergency room and they did vaginal examination (where they saw some minor bleeding), an ultrasound (that turned out normal) and other blood...

View more questions Search