Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cheriedow2006 Posts: 32, Reputation: -3

May 1, 2009, 05:24 AM
    Charming Off Warts
    When I was 12 years old, I had 3 warts on my hands. I hated them. They were there for years. One in the middle of one hand and two on the other hand. My friend told me her grandfather could charm them off. We walked to her grandfather's house and he spit on his finger and went around each wart and quoted something from the Bible. I tried to remember what he said but couldn't. He told me you have to believe the warts will go away. They disappeared in 2 weeks. He was suppose to pass that down to one of his daughters. He died before passing it down.

I would love to know how to do this. Does anyone know?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 05:30 AM

What happened then was a fluke.
    You are chasing a non-existent rainbow.
    My suggestion for the cure is to see
    A very reliable chemist.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheriedow2006 View Post
    They disappeared in 2 weeks.
    You do realize that they often go away on their own right?
    How long will they last - Dermatology - MedHelp

Go for the liquid nitrogen, that's the preferred treatment.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 1, 2009, 05:45 AM
    You do realize that warts are nothing more than a virus don't you?

A similar story... My daughter (5 at the time) had warts on her knee. She was tired of kids making fun of her so we made a doctor's appointment to have them removed. Well, the day of the appointment came, we showed up at the doctors, and the doctor couldn't find any warts.

What that man did was just an old wives tale... nothing to it really.

May 1, 2009, 07:29 AM

It wasn't a fluke. They were on there for years. They slowly went down and they were completely gone in two weeks. If it happened to you, you would know it wasn't a fluke. You might be an accounting expert but you know nothing about charming off warts.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 07:33 AM
    I guess we'll have to wait for soemone else who knows about charming off warts to answer. I just know about charming the pants... oh never mind.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 07:35 AM

... I'm sorry, but I think... it's a bit ridiculous that the man spit on his finger and then traced your wart with it.

... perhaps he wanted to just touch your wart?

Medically speaking, there is no way that this man's saliva and bible verses could "charm" off a wart. It's usually in the way of "sizzle sizzle" or "snip snip"

May 1, 2009, 07:37 AM

The question is: Do you know how to charm off warts? If you don't know, don't answer.
    I know warts are a virus and all of that. I know you can use liquid nitrogen. I know they were charmed off.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 07:47 AM
    The question is: Do you know how to charm off warts?
    Hello C:

Yes, I know how to do it. I learned from an old Indian Rabbi on the Azcanazi Reservation in South Dakota. It's a little different than your Grandpappy.

Everybody uses spit, though. So, do like your Grandpappy, and spit on your finger. Go around the wart counterclockwise three times saying, "Oy vey is meer" each time you go around. Those are the charming words.

They'll be gone in 6 hours.

excon
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Everybody uses spit, though. So, do like your Grandpappy, and spit on your finger. Go around the wart counterclockwise three times saying, "Oy vey is meer" each time you go around. Those are the charming words.

They'll be gone in 6 hours.

excon
    ... I didn't know the natives used yiddish, who knew?

May 1, 2009, 08:00 AM

I didn't think anyone would know.
    Just a bunch of smart asses out there.
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 08:01 AM

The Charming Tradition of Warts

Should help... maybe. It consists of getting an eel and such...

I really think liquid nitrogen is probably easier, and more readily available...
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 08:05 AM
    I didn't think anyone would know.
    Just a bunch of smart asses out there.
    You haven't got smart a$$ answers.

People are telling you that it is impossible.

Fact.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

May 1, 2009, 08:15 AM

Why not see a doctor about it? I have heard that some warts may be removed with nail polish... but I don't know any "charms"
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 08:27 AM

I've heard of nail polish too... don't know if it's an old wives tail or not... never known anyone who has tried it!
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 08:31 AM

I used to have a children's wart on my knuckle for years. I cut it off a few times but it always grew back. Finally I cut deep enough - didn't think it would stop bleeding - but it's been gone for quite some time now.

Sorry, saliva doesn't make warts go away. I know this for a fact.

EDIT: I take that back - Jesus Christ had healing spit. So if you can figure out a way to go back to approximately 30A.D. when He was healing the blind and the lepers, I'm sure He could give you the secret.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

May 1, 2009, 09:59 AM

First of all I'm going to be completely honest and say that I do not believe in magical wart cures. Here are some things I found but use common sense and do not try any that can be hazardous to your health or any animals.

Folk Medicine Cures for Warts - Associated Content

The Charming Tradition of Warts
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 10:17 AM

The power of suggestion is very strong. It is basically a form of hypnosis. My great uncle was a Pow Wow doctor in Pennsylvania. This is similar to a modern day medicine man but more like a folk doctor. He would treat patients with the power of suggestion and did not use medicine of any sort. This was in the Penna Dutch area of Pennsylvania many years ago.

I once had a wart on my finger many, many years ago and kept gnawing it off with my teeth until I finally got the root out and it never came back. Magic? No. Presistance? Yes.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2009, 11:22 AM

I have to wonder if this spit method works on birth marks or moles.

I had to get my mole burned off, I'd much prefer just to spit on it.

Exy, do you do house calls?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 11:32 AM

Actually, what Jesus did was spit on the ground to make mud, put the mud on the blind man's eyes and he was able to see :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Warts that will not go away? [ 2 Answers ]

I have warts on m thumb and finger. Every time I try the over the counter medication not only do they not go away but I will have another one come up. I have try over the counter medication and tried freezing them off at a doctors office. Does any one know any tricks or anything else I can try...

Guys think I'm pretty and charming,but they don't know I'm a virgin. (PSYCH TRAUMA?) [ 10 Answers ]

Here I go... I just turned 23 years in October and I'm still a virgin. I'm afraid of intimacy and I hate it because it has kept me from being with men and I'm not just talking about sex. I've had plenty of opportunities to lose my virginity with various guys I Really liked,-but I could never...

Getting rid of warts [ 11 Answers ]

I have a wart on my right palm I'm currently getting rid of. I don't know what kind of wart it is. At the moment I'm using the acid and then sticking a plaster over it to kill it off methods. Just wanted to know anyone's advice or opinions on getting rid of warts and how long it takes, etc. ...

About Warts [ 4 Answers ]

I was viewing the thread about warts and such and had a question of my own (sorry, I didn't want to commit the thread stealing crime :p). Are all warts caused by HPV? Or just genital warts? I have never in my life had a genital wart, but I have had a Plantar's wart on my pinky toe. Does that...

View more questions Search