Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowmannn06 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2006, 09:56 PM
    Contract for deed
    Selling and wondering what steps to take over and above my realtor?

Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2006, 07:54 AM
    Hello snow:

Only one - hire a lawyer.

excon
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Sep 22, 2006, 09:20 AM
    If the subject property has an underlying mortgage that will not be paid off, check you loan documents to make sure that such a sale will not trigger a Due on Sale Clause, which could cause a nasty situation for you and the buyer. One advantage of selling an investment property in this manner is that capital gains can be spread out over several years.
    snowmannn06 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2006, 10:31 PM
    I have made my mortgage company aware of this situation. It will not pay it off. But help A lot

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contract for Deed, Please Help! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a situation, and could use some solid advice. I own a 2-family house in Missouri, and have been living in it for two years. I re-financed it last year, pulling cash out of equity. I now owe more on the house than I could hope to get in a *quick* sale. I plan to move to Texas in the next...

Contract for Deed [ 1 Answers ]

Under a Contract for Deed is the deed owner responsible for repairs while the house is being paid off.

Contract for Deed Problems [ 2 Answers ]

We purchased a home on contract for deed one year ago. I lost my job, and we knew we were unable to make the payments without my income. We contacted the owner, expalined the situation, and asked her if she would just take the house back. She said she would have to come inspect the house, and we...

Contract for Deed again [ 2 Answers ]

I don't understand. We own 20 acres. There is another 20 acres next to us that our neighbor wants to sell. They are asking way more than the value. So we did some research and found out that it is a contract for deed. We contacted who the deed is with and he said he will sell the property to us...

Contract for deed [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to stop the person who is living on the property from selling it. We are buying it from the deed holder, but he says they can sell it out from under us so to speak.

View more questions Search