Ask
    MRSMiLLS Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 07:18 PM
    I'm sixteen &nd want a kid
    I am sixteen &nd want a kid

Apr 30, 2009, 07:19 PM

Hi every0ne im quita[kwee-ta]

I am 16 years y0ung &nd i feel the need to have a baby i have read questi0ns &nd answers ever0ne else have asked &nd have answered &nd bef0re i start i want to say this; i kn0w im y0ung (but there have seen younger); im n0t just c0ught up in h0w cute they l00k (i've seen ugly babies); my b0yfriend is t0tally d0wn f0r it (we've been talking f0r alm0st 2 years); i l0ve him &nd he l0ve me (we g0t that y0ung l0ve, but it's true l0ve).

n0w f0r my st0ry every since i was y0ung ar0und 10 i have been babysitting newb0rns &nd up all my life &nd still til this day i d0 i have gr0wn a passi0n &nd l0ve f0r babies... i feel the need t0 want 0ne t0 care f0r &nd l0ve i have a big heart &nd l0ve is all i g0t... i have had names f0r a little b0y (iwant a little b0y s0 bad) i've talked t0 my m0ther (n0t s0 much my dad he is in jail) but i've talked t0 my bf als0 we b0th want a s0n im writtin t0 ask f0r advice... i d0nt think i can get 0ver this

Xxxquitaxxx
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:20 PM

Instead of thinking about yourself think about the kid you plan on bringing into this world. Stop being selfish and stupid!

Apr 30, 2009, 07:23 PM

It's n0t that i kn0w that there are al0t 0f resp0nsibilties &nd i kn0w that i am very capable 0f taking care 0f a child... s0 i've heard that &nd that's still d0ne n0thing f0r me
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:24 PM

You can spend time taking care someone else's baby for now. You must be stable yourself first. It's different when you'll have your own, it's a 24/7 responsibility, At least of you don't have your own, you can just return it to the parent and rest. You must be financially stable to provide milk, diapers, ready if the baby will get sick and for the schooling.

Would you like to be a pediatrician? Then study first and have your own day care center too.

Apr 30, 2009, 07:28 PM

Well like i said ab0ve me &nd my bf have talked b0ut it i have m0ney saved up cause this is really what i want &nd he said he was g0ne pr0vide f0r the baby; his family likes me s0 they c0uld help als0.. i w0uld like t0 be a ultras0und tech
    Ultra Member

I had my son when I was 33. He is now 6 years old. Besides the emotional drain you have when your child is sick or unhappy, there is also a financial drain. Both my husband and I have advanced degrees and good jobs. In order to provide the best for my child... I know you will want to as well. We are now in debit and would do it all over again.

How will you support this child... the taxpayers? Yes you I believe are a great babysitter... but it is different when the baby is your own. I know that you would love to have someone to call your own and I know you miss your dad... but this is not the way to feel loved. First you must love yourself before someone else can love you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

How are you going to financially support this baby? Babies cost lots of money.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:30 PM
    So how much money do you have saved. Do you have any idea how much it costs just to give birth?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 07:31 PM

And the birth , doctors, hospitals costs 1000's, hope the plan is not using the welfare system.

But if you and boyfriend are in love that much, great, you will be together for the next 60 years, so waiting 2 or 3 to have a child is nothing in a life time.

Sorry it is far to young to be starting a family some do it, but it is very hard.

I understand what y0ur saying that's why im d0ing everything in my p0wer t0 make sure that i can have a healthy child &nd will be able t0 supp0rt it
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Babysitting is NOT the same as raising a child.

At 16, it will be very difficult to raise a child. How will you finish school? How will you support yourself and the baby? You can have all the love in your heart that you want, but that doesn't put food in that baby's tummy.

Yes, love is part of being a parent. But it's a whole lot more. It's complete selflessness. You have to do give up your life to take care of this child. You are not able to work and make a decent enough living to provide for a child. Or do you expect the rest of us to do it for you?

Great, that you know how to play with a baby for a few hours. Bravo. That's the easy part. But being a mother is a 24/7 job. How about this- stay in school, go to prom and football games, go to college, move out, THEN when you can support yourself, you can consider having a child.

And if this is "real love" with your boyfriend, you can wait until you are both adults to start a family.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 30, 2009, 07:36 PM

It costs thousands just to give birth.. And that's if you're baby was born without complications and naturally.. It's can cost over 10,000 dollars. Then even more thousands for hospitalization for you and for the baby's tests and after birth care.. You're looking at a huge bill here. Not to mention around a thousand a month if you're lucky. But more than likely it will be more
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:37 PM

And what if you needed a c-section. Major surgery and recovery as well as additional costs and complications
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSMiLLS View Post
    WELL LiKE I SAiD AB0VE ME &ND MY BF HAVE TAlKED B0UT iT i HAVE M0NEY SAVED UP CAUSE THiS iS REALLY WHAT i WANT &ND HE SAid HE WAS G0NE PR0ViDE F0R THE BABY; HiS FAMiLY LiKES ME S0 THEY C0UlD HElP AlS0..i W0UlD LiKE T0 BE A ULTRAS0UND TECH
    Do you have any idea how much it costs to care for a baby?? Daycare. Diapers. Formula (or a really good breast pump- both very expensive). Pediatrician visits. Insurance. Clothes. Shoes. Creams and Lotions. Medicine when they get sick. Missed time from work. Special foods (my son only drinks Organic Soy Milk).. . the list goes on.

So whatever you have saved up at the ripe old age of 16 is not enough.

And really, his family likes you so they can help? Why go into a situation expecting someone else to rescue you?

Apr 30, 2009, 07:39 PM

Finishing school is n0thing i have help... [that's what fam[ily] is f0r... supp0rting me &nd the child is what my j0b is f0r &nd fam[ily]... nik0s m0m.. thanks f0r the advice... i understand...
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:41 PM

If your family is supporting you on this, they are wrong. There job is to make sure you grow up safe and whole. Not to support you and whatever offspring you decide to have. You have no clue.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:42 PM
    You are showing how immature and ignorant you are
    mum45 Posts: 62, Reputation: 28

Apr 30, 2009, 07:43 PM

Hi. You remind me a lot of my daughter. She wanted a baby from the time she was 14. I was so thankful that she graduated high school and got married (5 days after graduation) before she got pregnant! She had that beautiful baby boy a little over a year later. He is now about to have his first birthday, and you know what? His daddy left her and him just yesterday. The joyous wonders of being a daddy full time have worn off for him. And this couple have 5 years on you on age, and she 3 and him 4 years of being out of high schol! I am not saying you and your boyfriend don't love each other, or are not committed, I am just saying that the pressure of it all can ruin a beautiful loving relationship. The demands, the cost, all of it is so stressful you would not believe. A couple needs to spend much time to be together to cement their relationship, AND to get a good education for themselves first. Their bond is stronger, AND they are able to provide what their babies need. The physical things, plus the life experience that only a few more years of maturity gives. Plus the security of having a few bucks in the bank does help a lot as far as stress goes! I hope you think about what everyone has said and reconsider!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 07:43 PM

First, don't yell, that is what all caps are, use proper typing please, we have received reports on your posts already.

Next no you have no idea it is not your parents or aunts or any family job to support you and a baby, it is only your job and that of the babies father.

It is obvious you really have no honest clue to what raising a child every day of the next 18 years would be. And sorry but most likely without the babies father who will change his mind normally after you no longer go out, you both end up living with your or his parents, he has to work hard to live in poverty since no one has a better eduction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My sixteen year old daughter hates me [ 6 Answers ]

I have a sixteen year daughter who says she hates me. We got into a huge fight and I had her go to my parents house cause somebody would have got hurt. I can't understand why she walks around our house like she is the most misserable girl on earth. She swears at me all the time she is so nasty.did...

Sixteen years old and want to live with my mother. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a sixteen year old girl and want ot live with my mother. My parents divorced when I was 4 years old and my dad got full custody. When I was four MONTHS old, I moved in with my grandmother (paternal) and lived there until I was ten, at which time I moved in with my father and new wife. I had...

Never dated before and I am sixteen [ 4 Answers ]

I'm sixteen never had a boyfriend or even been asked out since Elementary and middle school and was like 4 dudes all together. Sometime I feel like I'm not normal I mean mostly all my friends have been asked out and I don't get why I have never been before. Nobody outside of my family has ever told...

Sixteen and pregnant [parinoid or pregnant?] [ 3 Answers ]

So basically, I've been going out with my Boyfriend for going on 2 months. We've had unprotected sex more than 5 times.. every time he pulled out. I went to the Dr. with him and had a pregnancy test.. wasnt pregnant.. BUT I had some "raging" UTI.. and I told my aunt... and she said.. that could...

Can I be emancipated before I'm sixteen if the situation is right? [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering if I can be emancipated before I'm sixteen, I mean I've heard a lot of things about you HAVE to be sixteen but if the situation is right if that can b changed. I'm 14 and I'll be 15 in March and I've had a really bad life. I've raised myself my entire life and my mom has been...

View more questions Search