Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Lip piercing.
    Hello, 2 days ago I got my lower left side of my lip pierced. (the piercer who did it is very well known around here and I've had no problems with my other piercings by him, or any for that matter) but the swelling keeps getting worse and worse, and the ball in the front has formed a "crater" in my lip, and the back is digging into my lip and causing a circular line (it looks like its about to bleed), I don't know if this is just a side affect or if it is something serious...
    I've been cleaning it after eating, or drinking anything other than water. (using mouthwash/H2ocean(a pre-mixed salt water solution)/brushing my teeth)

If you guys have any other aftercare tips that help swelling, pain, or anything else I'd be happy to hear it:)
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Apr 30, 2009, 03:57 PM

This may help in assisting with your questions and proper care.

Lip and Tongue Piercing :

Labret Healing and Dental Sides Effects:
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Apr 30, 2009, 05:53 PM

Did he use a healing size stud? That's what I encounter the most out of my customers- the person who pierced it didn't use a long enough stud to accommodate for the swelling. Good thing, though, about oral piercings are that they heal very fast. If the jewelry is too much for you, I'd really consider putting in a ring, at least until it heals.
    ashleyannehost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 11:18 PM

All right so, I got my lip pierced a few days ago and the same thing has happened to me, I went back asked my piercer and he said its perfectly normal, some people react diferently to different piercings. He said just suck on some ice or some antinflamatory lozenges,keep cleaning it, doing everything the way your doing, it takes time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well same Q Again Lip Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I still want too get my lip pierced and a brother of my sisters husband said that he would do it for free and they took me today but I told them that I didn't want to do it until I researched more so they said all right. So I was just wondering why it isn't recommended to get my lip pierced. Like...

How do you get rid of a Keloid from a piercing without taking the piercing out? [ 2 Answers ]

I got an idustrial piercing in my left year about a little more then a month ago. All of a sudden I saw this bump raising on the top whole. I found out online that it's a keloid but I'm not to sure if I'm supposed to take it out. Do these things just go away? Are they dangerous? And is there...

Lip piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I've wanted to get my lip pierced for awhile but worried what it would do to my teeth and gum's. Is it really going to effect them in away if I was to get it pierced?

Lip Piercing should I or should I not . [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I know a lot of people ask this question but I need advice; my mom said I can get my lip pierced when I turn 15 but I'm not sure where I should get it done. I kind of want snakebites and a couple of my friends said I should get them.. What do you think. http://i34.tinypic.com/2n87tdf.jpg

Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I want to get a Nabel Piercing except by myself. But here's the thing: No matter how much I push, the needle whont go through my skin! What's wrong? And is it OK 2 use a earring?

View more questions Search