Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soverton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 03:00 PM
    0% interest land contract in MI-is it legal?
    Need to sell a home I inherited and wish to sell it on land contract with 0% interest is this legal in the state of MI? A real estate agent told me she thought it was illegal to not charge interest but to ask my accountant. I thought it is more a legal question instead of a accounting question. So does anyone know can I sell and charge no interest on my land contract in Michigan?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 06:43 PM

I never list a "interest" in any of my land contracts, they merely list a amount of money to pay paid per month for so many months, no more , no less.
    sheldane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 08:27 AM

Where can I get a free copy of land contract for the state of MI?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land contract [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get someone out on a land contract quicker if they break rules of your contract. If not, what would we need to do to get them back onto a rental basis, which I take it is easier to evict.

Getting out of a land contract [ 1 Answers ]

We are in a land contract, we recently come across a buyer for the home and we told the owners and they were all for it, there were all these fee involved, we did not have the money so the reality said she would come down on her end if the owner would come down on his end, after dealing with this...

Land contract [ 5 Answers ]

I have a person in a very small town that has learned how to sell property on land contract. He has created a system that he sells run down property to people who never intend on buying the property, but just want to rent. He gets a sizeable down payment and then each new home owner takes on the...

Land contract [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in a land contract that states it's a month to month landlord tennent relation does that mean I give him 30 day notice to leave and that's it?I can no longer afford the payments here and have to move

View more questions Search