Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMATTINA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2006, 06:18 PM
    Doors
    What is the opening size I need to cut when installing a prehung door on a wall?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2006, 06:36 PM
    Well it depends. Ideally you bought a prehung door that you can slip into an opening that is a little bigger than the door frame. Then you shim in tight to center and woodwork covers it up. If you have not framed in an opening for the door, you'll need to do more work, as the door needs to be secured to stud framing.

Here's a basic link to the general install. It assumes you already have the door area framed. If you need help with this, ask.

http://www.ehow.com/how_15280_install-prehung-door.html
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

May 19, 2007, 11:32 AM
    If Your Door Is 24 Or 28 , 32 ,36 All You Do Is Add An Extra 2 1/2 Inches, This Will Be Your Rough Opening, Nichols Trim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New front doors [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to replace the front doors and hinges without replacing the entire door casing? We are interested in replacing the front doors and are looking for an inexpensive way of doing it. :confused:

Prehung Doors [ 2 Answers ]

I have several doors areas framed out in my basement with the ceiling being low because of vents. In several of these areas doors will be installed. I am looking to install split jamb prehung interior doors but there is approximately only 1 to 1 1/2 inch of header to the ceiling. In other words the...

Shower doors & deco tile [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm installing a bypass (2 sliding doors) bath and shower door on a 5ft tub. Problem is that I have decorative tile molding wrapping the entire bathroom including the bath tub enclosure, and the deco molding sticks out (not flush with wall tile) about 1/4 inch so the side rails (wall...

An old animated film with dogs that used doors that were like portals? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been searching for this movie for some time now. I remember watching it when I was between 7-12 years old... I'm 24 now, no I'm not going through a mid-life crisis. -This movie or possibly a cartoon series was made sometime in the 80's or very early 90's. Story: From what I remember,...

Please HELP! Windows Worms Doors Cleaner... [ 13 Answers ]

Hi to every one! I would like to know if I have my computer set to be the most safer possible, so I downloaded Windows Worms Doors Cleaner and took a look at the resault, and I found the following ports opened. Is this bad? http://img200.exs.cx/img200/738/wwdc10at.th.jpg (save to disk for...

View more questions Search