Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Owenb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 08:16 AM
    Kenmore Dryer will not HEAT
    Got a Kenmore Dryer that will not heat.
    Began with thermal fuse that was broke. Replaced... worked for a few loads then dryer heated very hot... very warm when touching outside of the dryer.
    Sure enough, thermal fuse broken again, replaced and replace switch and two t-stats.
    Still no heat. Heating element checks fine both visually and with ohm meter.

Any suggestions?
    dapixman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 08:20 AM
    Control board is bad, replace

Apr 30, 2009, 08:35 AM

This is an older Dryer that I don't believe has a control board.

Model # 110 86340100 Kenmore
    dapixman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 08:40 AM
    Model # 110 86340100 Kenmore

See parts at:

"Model # 110 86340100 Kenmore" Circuit Board / Timer Parts from RepairClinic.com

Apr 30, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Circuit board/timer/switch (part you suggested was bad) has been replaced but with no heat results.

Apr 30, 2009, 04:36 PM

Turns out that one of the new t-stats has an extra female post on it along with a male one next to it. Old part only had two females. Assumed it was dependent on how dryer was wired. Not true.
    Needed to change the fitting on the wire going to t-stat to male and then connect to t-stat.

Solved problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dryer won't heat [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 500 Series electric dryer which will not heat. Everything else works fine. I have continuity through the heating coil and the low and high thermostats. What should I check next ?

Kenmore Dryer will not heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 15 year old Kenmore dryer that has faithfully dried between 4 and 8 loads per week all these years. Everything seems to work -- the drum, the timers, the circulation, and the lint trap is clean -- but there is no heat. I or my husband cannot do repairs. Is it worth calling a repair...

Kenmore Dryer will not heat? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 70 Series electric dryer that will not heat. I have tried the basic troubleshooting (i.e. checking household fuses, selecting different cycles, cleaning vents) and still the dryer will not heat, it only blows cold air! Any suggestions?

Kenmore dryer (gas), no heat [ 1 Answers ]

Need help getting my Kenmore dryer to work, everything works,except it gets no heat.Ihave a big family,my wife and five children,we really need dryer working do about 3 loads a day.Help would be great Thanks.

My kenmore 80 dryer won't heat up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My kenmore 80 electric dryer is not heating up clothes but turns on and runs through the cycle fine. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks!

View more questions Search