Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 06:39 PM
    If it's a universal transformer 115v,208v or 230v do you have the line voltage right. You can wire it up using the wrong wires and it will not produce 24v. If you have 4 wires on the line voltage side check them.
    ballbrat1622 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 07:29 PM
    The transformer showed as an OEM replacement 120v - 24v. I think I reversed the wires at first, but then changed it to the correct and still nothing.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 07:54 PM
    You have a transformer for a 115v system(gas furnace), and you don't have a electric fan coil that needs 230v to work right. If all is true and you have a 115v to the two wires going to the transformer and you don't have 24v at the two that are leaving it you blew another transformer.

May 29, 2009, 09:31 PM

Yep that is what I figured, so what could cause that? The wiring at the T-Stat was a 5 wire configuration, would adding the/a jumper wire cause this or would it have happened due to putting the wires on the Transformer incorrectly or both?

Jun 2, 2009, 12:56 PM
    Ok,

Here is the newest discovery... The new part # for the Transformer has the wires or at least the connections reversed. There are male end connectors on the Transformer for V-in(115v) and V-out(24v), on the old Transformer the 115 went to the large male connector while the 24 went to the small. On the circuit board the connector (which can be seen in the picture on page 4) shows the wires coming out, my NEWEST question is do those wires just pull out of that connector? If so I am going to reroute the wires to the appropriate locations, (small end to the right one) noting the schematic on the door and such.

Any issues with this idea and will they simply pull straight out of that connector with a pair of needle-nose pliers? A/C guy wants $120 to "rewire" if that is all it needs?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My gas heating unit keeps kicking off & on [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an old house and I had the gas company come out & light my pilot on my gas furnace. It kicked on, but only stayed on for a few seconds and the kicked back off. It is continuously doing this. Will not stay on.. I am a single mother of small children with no heat.. please help us..

My Trane Unit is frozen over [ 3 Answers ]

My spouse is deployed and I put the filter in the wrong place. I placed it at the bottom of the unit where the vent is.:confused: I found out that I put it in the wrong place by opening the unit door and opening another cover where I found the Frozen and Dirty Filter. I have turned off the unit...

Trane package unit [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all I'm having a problem with a unit runs good ,cools good, unit will run fine then just shut off ck unit giving no codes reset unit it runs fine until it just shuts off again

Trane a/c unit [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the a/c on inside the trane unit outside is making a loud buzzing sound. What can I do?

Outside AC unit kicking on in winter [ 3 Answers ]

I have central air, and the outside unit (condenser right? I'm a complete noob) kicks on for about 30 seconds, then stops for 30 seconds, then repeats. This doesn't seem normal. Advice? Thx!

View more questions Search