Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2006, 01:32 PM
    Speedball1... Sewage pump location?
    Speedball1,

So I'm ready to connect the 4" ABS sewage line from out of the converted garage foundation to the Zoeller 910-0005 pump and wondered how far away I should place the pump from the cottage and whether there should be a cleanout between it and the cottage and if so, what kind?

Thanks,
    Flickit
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 22, 2006, 07:31 AM
    Hey Flick, Welcome back,

Refresh my memory. You wish to know how far outside the building to place the holding tank and the grinder pump? How will the holding tankbe vented?
    Where will the grinder pump discharge to? Bring me back up to speed. Regards, Tom

Sep 22, 2006, 09:36 AM
    Thanks, Speedball!

It has a 2" on top and was considering letting it go free air, otherwise will 45 over to the roof overhang and pop it through and up to the 10' requirement. Discharge is into a 2" going about 30' to foundation of house where it then ramps down at 1/4" per foot to main house discharge which goes to septic.

Flick

Hey Flick, Welcome back,

Refresh my memory. You wish to know how far outside the building to place the holding tank and the grinder pump? How will the holding tankbe vented?
    Where will the grinder pump discharge to? Bring me back up to speed. Regards, Tom[/QUOTE]
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 22, 2006, 11:14 AM
    I would place the tank and pump next to the building.
    If you have no windows near the tank vent you can just pop it up out of the ground with a ventcap,(see image). However since the vent will expel sewer gas when discharge enters the tank you'll want to keep the smell away from blowing back at you so you might want to extend it up to the roof. Your call!

Give your 30' run 1/8" to the foot slope to the house and install a 2" combination in the drain line after it exits the pump, bring it to grade and terminate it with a 2" clean out in case you need to snake out the line.

Good luck, Tom

Oct 14, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Speedball,

So, we got the basin installed and fired up the pump only to find out it was a demo unit. The wires had been cut inside the motor head. Finally got a new unit and in the process found that since part of the run has a 1/4" slope downwards, the unit would not work correctly since it is required to have at least a 5' head. Received a drawing showing how to install an anti-siphon arrangement of backflow valves but the drawing is for a smaller unit. May have you look at if you have time as haven't been able to get an answer from the manufacturer about what dimensions need to be adjusted to make it work correctly.
    Shall I attach the .pdf file?

Thanks,
    Flickit
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 14, 2006, 10:40 AM
    Hi Flick, Send the drawing down and let us look at it. Cheers, Tom

Oct 14, 2006, 11:43 AM
    Here it is. Thing is, the pump they sold me uses 2" PVC and it may even have different lengths, etc. Will try to locate it and send it. Couldn't get an answer from the manufacturer.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf fm2384.pdf (241.0 KB, 311 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage Ejector Pump in a Basement [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all I am new to this board so forgive me if this has already been asked. I am in the process of adding a basement to our basement. We have a septic system with the discharge pipe about 3 feet above the floor. Several questions. I want to add a Toilet, sink and tub. What all has to be vented....

Sewage Pump/Tank/Toilet Problem? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a downstairs bathroom connected to a tank with a pump to move sewage up & out to our septic system. When the toilet is flushed, the water drains slowly, the bowl almost fills completely and the sink & toilet both start to gurgle & bubble. The drain line from the washing machine sink is...

Speedball1 (Tom) [ 9 Answers ]

FYI: Tom's been off since a minor surgery on Monday. He thanks those of you who have asked about him and those who have helped on the Plumbing board in his absence. Going into it, he had expected to be back possibly by today but says the painkillers have got him just too loopy to be online. ...

Replaced sewage pump [ 2 Answers ]

Please tell me its going to be ok… I found my pump for the septic was bad . It would keep popping the circuit breaker. The tank it was in looks 4 feet wide and 7 feet deep. I would say it had 4 feet of water. I am guessing but I would say the pump was out for at least 2 weeks. After I replaced it...

Yo speedball1 over here [ 3 Answers ]

I just found this site... and nobody has answered my question so since you seem to be incredibly knowledgible or knowledgeable oh hell since you seem to KNOW so much I posted a question in education section on financial aid could you help... Thanks so much and you can write me via email my...

View more questions Search