Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoityourselferNot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2006, 01:12 PM
    My dishwasher is not draining
    I just installed a new disposal. Now, when I run the dishwasher it doesn't drain. But if I disconnect the hose from the washer to the disposal and let it run into a bucket it does drain. I don't know what I did when switching the old disposal to the new one but apparently I missed something.
    allozier Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2006, 03:26 PM
    Did you knock the plug out of the new disposal?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 21, 2006, 04:03 PM
    "Did you knock the plug out of the new disposal?"

I agree with allozier. There's a knockout plug that must be removed. Just take a screwdriver and a hammer and knock that sucker out.
    Don't forget to retrive it. Cranking up the disposal with the knockout still inside would "customize" the disposal but you ain't going to like it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet not draining [ 3 Answers ]

We have just installed two 2-piece toilets. We have an intermittent but regular problem with flushing the toilet where upon flushing you hear/see an airbubble and then the toilets fills with water but the swirling action is only half hearted and the toilet doesn't drain away. A second or third...

Gurgling and draining issues [ 1 Answers ]

Over the last few weeks, we've noticed that when we flush the toilet, it gurgles in our kitchen sink (the bathroom is on the second level and the kitchen is on the first level). When you drain the bathtub it gurgles as well, but not as much. Yesterday I put a load of laundry on to wash and when...

Dishwasher not draining properly [ 1 Answers ]

My dishwasher is not draining all the way. I have heard that there is some kind my electric valve that pumps the water into the drain. Is that all I need to fix it?

Tub is the only system not draining properly [ 3 Answers ]

Our house is an older house (ca. 1955) on a septic system. We bought the house and moved in back in late March of this year, when the septic system should have been pumped by the previous owners. We're currently having issues with our bathtub not draining properly. All of our other drains are...

View more questions Search