Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjcycle5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Hunter ceiling fan pull chain replacement
    I replaced the three speed pull chain unit on my Hunter ceiling fan. Now I have four speeds and no "off".

The wire colors were black, grey, brown and green.

Any ideas?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 29, 2009, 06:44 PM

Did you use an OEM Hunter switch?
    bjcycle5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 06:54 PM
    No, I got a Westinghouse generic 3 speed fan switch from Home Depot.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 10:11 PM

Probably not the correct switch. Get the correct one from Hunter Fan - Ceiling Fans, Air Purifiers, Humidifiers, Thermostats

Then here are instructions:

Ceiling fan pull chain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More
    Belame Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2013, 08:41 AM
    My Hunter fan pull chain switch is 1-2-L-3. I was able to get replacement form Ken's Electronics http://www.kenselectronics.com description:Ceiling Fan 4-hole 3-Speed Pull-Chain Switch with Black wire in "L" labeled L-3-1-2 (CCW) part# ZE-268S6.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 speed, 4 wire ceiling fan pull chain switch replacement [ 20 Answers ]

I recently changed the 3 speed 4 wire switch on a ceiling fan as the old one had a broken collar. I purchased a replacement at Lowe's. The replacement worked at high speed only. I was careful in noting which color wires went into slots 1,2, 3 & L. Thinking that the new switch was defective, I...

Ceiling fan light pull chain replacement [ 5 Answers ]

Pull chain on the ceiling fan light broke off, so I pulled it down, and figured out what to buy, but at some point one of the two black wires going to it came loose, presumably out of a screw cap. Does it just go in the cap with the other black load wires (3 still together)? Do I understand...

Ceiling Fan replacement SPTT 4 position, 4 wire pull chain switch [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need a replacement switch and capacitor for a ceiling fan for which I don't know the brand, the fan is marked with HMP-52, 86Amps, 120V, 85W. The 4 position, triple throw, 4 wire switch is a Zing Ear ZE-208S The capacitor is marked as an SK 4.5uF-U 250WV.AC, is rectangular in shape and...

HELP! Wiring a pull chain in a Hunter ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my 81 year old mother's ceiling fan pull chain broke off inside the switch. I was careful when I changed the switches, only changing one color at a time. It didn't work, so I called my electrician brother-in-law who discombooberated the whole mess, told me the switch I got was bad and went on...

View more questions Search