Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katyjackson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 03:26 PM
    05 Sonata A/C diagram
    My A/C has a leak or disconnected hose. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of the lines to inspect myself?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 03:38 PM

This may help you. No sooner had I finished writing this new piece, and your related question appeared.

Vacuum Hose Leaks

Heat and ozone cause hoses to deteriorate and leak, over time. Once a vacuum hose is disturbed, particularly on older vehicles, it's prone to leak. This is particularly true on air conditioner vacuum hoses, which control diaphrams going to blender doors, where even small leaks can be disastrous.

Here's a possible solution to air vents not working properly. Separate the vacuum lines and carefully service the connections with silicone grease. This will help to recondition and restore the seal. Obviously, you must use common sense and not apply too much and plug openings.

An excellent product to use in this situation is Motorcraft Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound (XG-3-A). It's available at your local Ford or Lincoln/Mercury dealer. It's amazing the number of other applications this product can be used for; e.g. lubricating O-rings, rubber gaskets, disk brake caliper pins, radiator and heater hoses, plus using it as a dielectric compound for weatherizing battery and starter terminals and cables, main grounds, main ECM ground, ECM connectors, coils, spark plug connections, coating spark plug porcelein, and tail and brake lights. This product also helps prevent wet starting problems in seemingly small, but significant, ways. I mention these other applications, so you won't feel like you are spending money on a product with limited use. Attention to detail makes a big difference when dealing with vacuum hoses. Frequently, it's the difference between a system working or not working.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 03:44 PM

A/C vacuum lines normally run along the firewall, from the power brake booster to the passenger side of the car. One main hose from the booster may separate into two hoses going to the inside of the vehicle. These are the connections I would focus on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beethoven Sonata in C Minor op 10 [ 2 Answers ]

I need information about the form of the sonata in c minor op 10 by beethoven. Classical music - the form of the sonata in c minor op 10 by beethoven

2001Hyundai Sonata won't start up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, My first time here, it seems like a great idea and I hope I can return the favor and help someone else sometime. My 2001 Hyundai Sonata will not crank (just a loud clicking when key is turned) I have charged the battery to 100%, but no change. The battery is the original, but lights,...

98 SONATA TRANSMSSN drives in low only [ 1 Answers ]

Help help help out of the blue!! Fluid level OK, fliud clean, any one have any ideas?? Thank u:D :D :D :confused: :confused: :confused:

2001 Hyundai Sonata Color Coded Wiring Diagram [ 0 Answers ]

Bought 2001 Hyundia Sonata 4 cyl with 26k miles, w/ blown head gasket, replaced engine, found that it needed an ECM (computer), replaced it. Car starts up, runs a couple of seconds-makes a chirping sound and shuts off. (have no key fob) Assume the alarm module is bad (apparently car was under...

2001 4 cylinder hyundai sonata [ 2 Answers ]

Facing the engine from the front bumper what is the order by number of the cylinders and what is the firing order. I am getting a "misfire on cylinder 3" code. Thank you

View more questions Search