Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    masterfizzle12 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 03:25 PM
    How to convince my dad to let me get my cartilage pierced
    Heyy I'm 15 and I really want my cartilage pierced. My dad is a nutcase police officer and I really need to convince him to let me get it. Also, does it hurt a lot and is there anything I can do to lessen the pain (im getting it with a needle if I get it. My aunts a doctor and the needle is safer shesays) I already found a tattoo parlor that will do it. PLEASE HELP ME CONVINCE HIM!:D
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Apr 29, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Say to him,
    Hey dad, Im moving out, I have a job, and I will support myself for now on. I don't need some nut case police officer to support me anymore.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 29, 2009, 03:35 PM

Well, why doesn't he want you to get it done?

I've gotten something pierced behind my parents back before. Its not a good idea. But glad you aren't doing it without asking him first.
    bananarocks7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 05:30 PM
    Tell him that you want to be a grown an now and work for you self and do tings all on your own. Tell him you are not a little kid anymore
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 05:28 AM

I won't give you two reddies but she is only 15. She is not a grown up and it is her fathers decision whether she gets it done or not.

Sorry but if he says no then you will have to wait until you are 18.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 05:34 AM

Before you jump the gun and do something you may regret,read the following disaster story about a piercing gone wrong.
    When a cartilage piercing goes wrong

May 3, 2009, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolfe View Post
    Say to him,
    Hey dad, Im moving out, I have a job, and I will support myself for now on. I don't need some nut case police officer to support me anymore.
    I cant.
    A) I don't live with him
    B) I'm 15
    C) I can't support myself. Loll

May 3, 2009, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzball_Kara View Post
    Well, why doesn't he want you to get it done?

I've gotten something pierced behind my parents back before. Its not a good idea. But glad you aren't doing it without asking him first.
    Yeah I've pierced stuff behind my parents back but this one is hard to hide
    He's not a fan of piercings.I didn't get my first hole until I was 7
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

May 3, 2009, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I won't give you two reddies but she is only 15. she is not a grown up and it is her fathers decision whether she gets it done or not.

Sorry but if he says no then you will have to wait until you are 18.
    And I won't give you a reddy either, I kind of figured out her age and all after reading her post. And that's why I wrote what I wrote in my statement. I was making a point.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2009, 07:05 PM

Sweetie, if your dad says no then it's no. What's the rush? You'll be 18 in three years, you can get it done then if you still want to.

I know you think he's being controlling, mean, blah, blah, blah, but really, he's just being your dad. You'll get it one day, when you have kids of your own. Trust me!

Just give it time or try and show him how much you want it by sitting down and talking rationally with him. Let him see how grown up you are. No yelling or name calling, just mature discussion. Maybe he'll change his mind. If not, 3 years, not long at all. :)

May 5, 2009, 04:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Sweetie, if your dad says no then it's no. What's the rush? You'll be 18 in three years, you can get it done then if you still want to.

I know you think he's being controlling, mean, blah, blah, blah, but really, he's just being your dad. You'll get it one day, when you have kids of your own. Trust me!

Just give it time or try and show him how much you want it by sitting down and talking rationally with him. Let him see how grown up you are. No yelling or name calling, just mature discussion. Maybe he'll change his mind. If not, 3 years, not long at all. :)
    Thank you so much:)

May 5, 2009, 04:20 AM

Thank you everyone for your time and answers! EVERYONE was so helpful :)
    lalalala95 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by masterfizzle12 View Post
    heyy im 15 and i really want my cartilage pierced. my dad is a nutcase police officer and i really need to convince him to let me get it. also, does it hurt alot and is there anything i can do to lessen the pain (im getting it with a needle if i get it. my aunts a doctor and the needle is safer shesays) i already found a tattoo parlor that will do it. PLEASE HELP ME CONVINCE HIM!:D
    Well, how I convinced my mom to let me get mine done was had my friend show it to my mom and had her tell my mom it wasn't that bad. And about the pain, it really doesn't hurt. It is just a quick pinch and it is over. Your ear feels really warm for a while and the area around it is sore for about a day. It shouldn't affect your sleep, at least it didn't affect mine. I hope I helped in some way! Good Luck convincing him! :-)
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

May 10, 2009, 12:06 AM

I wanted my cartilage pierced when I was around that age, and both of my parents said no. so I waited. And when I was 18 I went out and got it done on my own. But it wasn't all that great. When my dad saw it he flipped out and actually kicked me out of the house. The piercing constantly gave my trouble and then about a year later I couldn't take it any more so I had to take it out and let it close up. It really wasn't worth it to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I convince my mom to let me get my tongue pierced? [ 9 Answers ]

Hey.I want to get my tongue pierced but my mom won't let me... my dad would let me but he won't take me cause it would make my mom mad.. how could I convince my mom to let me get it done?

How to convince my mom to let me to get my tongue pierced. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my mom said that I can get my tongue pierced when I turn 16. But I want to get it done for my 14 birthday in four months. I have spent hours On the internet researching about pros and cons, possible outcomes, what do look for in a shop and piercer, and aftercare. I also have read MILLIONS of...

When you get your cartilage pierced are they suspossed to use a gun? [ 19 Answers ]

Because I just got mine pierced & she did it with a gun what do you thinKK && is it bad if I clean it too much

I just got my cartilage pierced [ 8 Answers ]

And the piercer told me to clean it four to five times a day for two weeks, then only clean it 2-3 times a day. He told me to rotate it back and forth cause I got it done with a needle, and they gave me a hoop. Is that the wrong thing to do? It has been a few days now, and my ear hurts when I touch...

I just got my cartilage pierced about 2-3 weeks ago. [ 3 Answers ]

So I just got my cartalige piercing a few weeks ago, and it seems to be doing fine, it only hurt the first week but now is perfect . When can I start changing the earring.. and how long does it take for and infection to start usually. Thanks :p

View more questions Search