Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

May 3, 2009, 09:26 PM
    Just a note to add here.

Talking and driving has just been made illegal here in Ontario, the third Province to ban any hand held device, including IPods, etc.

I don't know if the laws will ever fix 'stupid', but just tonight I saw a kid, no more than 8 years old on a little dirt bike, with a kid of no more than three, riding on the back.

The mom was working in her garden as the kids zipped around on the property, down into the ditch in front of the house, and straight out into the road without looking or stopping.

How many laws would it take to combat common sense! :o
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 07:53 AM

So they have officially closed a local public school for the next two weeks (not my children's - yet). They are missing formals, concerts, sports games for one case that has been confirmed in that district.

So my son and daughter were crying scared this morning because if they end up closing their school then they have to make up the days and go to school until the middle of June. Missing the first two weeks of summer camp, in classrooms that don't have air conditioning.

I feel bad, this is panic and it's craziness.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    I'm more worried about the epidemic of texting while driving:(

Oh, lets add on to that list. I have seen people reading newspapers or books while driving.

There are other things as well but defiantly texting is very dangerous. It only takes a split second of not paying attention to cause an accident.

Joe
    Yesterday, I am watching the lady in my rearview mirror while I am slowing down at a stop light... she is digging around on the passanger side floor of her car, just peeking periodically over the steering wheel.

I am just stopped in front of her scared and braced for impact. When she looks up, slams on the brakes and goes careening forward... all I could think was dumb as a box of rocks. Especially when we started moving again and she went back to her search. I turned off the road to avoid being in front of her.
    Emotional Health Expert

May 5, 2009, 08:32 AM
    Mexico seems quite confident that the worst is over, with no new cases.

China on the other hand, quarantined a group of Canadians just off a plane on a school trip. Just because they are Canadian. I can see quarantines for the entire plane full, or those from countries with reported cases of this flu, but just the Canadians?

But who knows, maybe the extreme precautions have prevented something from becoming a pandemic.

At least we know they put better protocols in place since SARS.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    Mexico seems quite confident that the worst is over, with no new cases.

China on the other hand, quarantined a group of Canadians just off a plane on a school trip. Just because they are Canadian. I can see quarantines for the entire plane full, or those from countries with reported cases of this flu, but just the Canadians?

But who knows, maybe the extreme precautions have prevented something from becoming a pandemic.

At least we know they put better protocols in place since SARS.
    Where did you see this? I am heading to China next week with a school group...
    Emotional Health Expert

May 5, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Here is one of the stories. I hope it doesn't happen to you.

VOA News - China Quarantines Canadian Students, Collects Citizens in Mexico
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

May 5, 2009, 03:49 PM

Speaks for itself...

What we here at this thread have been saying all along!

US no longer advising schools close for swine flu - WDBJ7 Roanoke News and Weather NRV Lynchburg Danville |
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

May 5, 2009, 03:54 PM

Yes! I'm so glad. There's a lot of colds and flus of sorts around here and I was afraid they'd close the school here down and graduation would be delayed. There's rumors about the flu here and I was going to be so bitter if it caused the school to close. I live in a dorm so if one person gets sick, the rest of the dorm gets sick. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swine houses [ 6 Answers ]

Types of swine houses ?

View more questions Search