Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2006, 03:51 AM
    Not a real problem, just a question to make you think?
    Ok I had a friend at work ask me this and I'm passing it on here.

Suppose you married your high school sweetheart and were married happily for 25 years. The marriage produced one child. Then one day after 25 years your spouse suddenly died. After the greiving period you met and married someone else and had another child with that person. After another happy 25 year marriage that spouse suddenly died. A few years later you are preparing your will and other papers for after your death. Then the question comes up...

Who will you choose to be buried next to your first or your second spouse?
    Lianne20 Posts: 33, Reputation: 5

Sep 21, 2006, 03:56 AM
    Is this a trick question?? Hmmmm?
    If not, I'd be cremated and half of my ashes would go next to the first, half to the second! There. Sorted fair and square :-)
    Aussie Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2006, 04:26 AM
    I agree - that's fair!
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2006, 05:26 AM
    No this is not a trick question. It's just a question to make you think. Your answers are pretty good so far. But what if you had to be buried. Can't be cremated.
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Sep 21, 2006, 05:49 AM
    WOW... tough call but... If I had to choose one or the other I would say... probably the first husband. The reason for this is that I was married to that person first and if they hadn't died... I would've still been married to him. It is not a "who I loved more issue" but... WOW, this is a hard call!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 21, 2006, 05:54 AM
    I don't like the idea of dirt in my face so in my will I will be cremated. If you have to be buried then I probably won't have a lot to say about it... Okay Chuff have you lost it or what?
    Lianne20 Posts: 33, Reputation: 5

Sep 21, 2006, 07:00 AM
    If you HAD to be buried!? Well, then I wouldn't make the choice! I'd leave it up to my relatives, let them fight over it! Defeats the whole object of the question, but never mind. It's a good anwer I think ;)
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Sep 21, 2006, 10:39 AM
    How about getting input from the surviving "children" when making out your will.

It's still "to death do you part", right? & I don't think either spouse is spiritually in the grave. So I'm for cremation anyway. It is cleaner. No creepy bugs decomposing me slowly, yuck!

Also I can't get past the fact that this fictitious person actually gave birth, at what, 50? Again! So I have no idea where they would choose to be buried anyway! LOL!
    Presleygall85 Posts: 50, Reputation: 6

Sep 21, 2006, 11:28 AM
    :eek: I know this is groose but maybe you could just cut the body in half that way everyone wins... Creepy:p :o
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2006, 07:39 PM
    First, I would ask, which wife did I love more? If they answer was, both, then I would go with the first one.

Simply put, when my first wife died, she ASSUMED we would be buried together. After all, we had a 25 year marriage.

It is one thing to get over her and move on, but another thing to abandon her.

She was first, therefore, she should get the priority.
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2006, 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I don't like the idea of dirt in my face so in my will I will be cremated. If you have to be buried then I probably won't have a lot to say about it...............................Okay Chuff have you lost it or what?
    Well Tal, I lost it a long time ago. I think others are just starting to realize it though!!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2006, 11:25 PM
    Neither one of them. That makes it easier.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2006, 08:41 AM
    In my opinion it would seem that the most recent spouse would be the appropriate one to be buried next to, if indeed he chooses to be buried next to either one.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 23, 2006, 09:02 AM
    How about this one...

All three be buried together with me in the middle. That way I would be with both of my loves.

Either that or I would donate my body to science or the body farm or someplace that would continue someone's education as I have been continuing my own.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2006, 11:12 AM
    J9,

I wanted to spread the love to you. I was actually thinking that originally. Having both spouses on each side, but of course I did not go with my first though. Anyway. Spreading the love, spreading the love. One thing I really hate with passion on this site. Is that you are limited to how you can comment on somebodys post.

Joe
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 23, 2006, 12:23 PM
    As long as I get buried with the remote I doubt if I can complain much.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Sep 23, 2006, 12:28 PM
    I agree with J9 answer and was going to add that if I was smart, I would have buried the second husband by the first... foresight is a wonderful thing.

Personally though, I really wouldn't care. I suppose I would have to have had it prearranged so my children wouldn't have an issue with it. I guess I would have had to teach my children that this really doesn't matter and not to even bother arguing over it. I'm dead! It doesn't matter where I'm buried. My body is no good to me at this time. I would be much more worried about who will be waiting for me in the afterlife. Would there be a decision to be made then?
    limarle15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Couldn't I just be buried in between them both? If that is not possible, how about neither?
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Sep 25, 2006, 10:21 AM
    My first reaction was to be with the 1st... romantic and all... but then reality is to plan your will and death according to your current life. SO then I would choose the second. I guess it would depend on how my children felt also. But if there was a big problem in the decision, well, I have a huge family (6 brothers and sisters) and I am the youngest, so I can always be buried with my immediate family! :)
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2006, 12:49 AM
    I would say near my first husband, exactly for the same good reasons SINGLE4 gave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

Go to him or make him come to me? [ 9 Answers ]

I met a guy a few weeks ago who asked me out. I thought he was cute and nice so I said yes. We tried to get together a few times but it just never happened. Then we made a date for him to meet up with us to double with my friend and her date. He never showed or called. He finally called the next...

Itunes (ipod) problem, and question [ 6 Answers ]

I have an iPod which obviously uses itunes. I have successfully downloaded up to 1000 songs, both from my old cd's and from itunes, etc. Today I was trying to download 10 cds I borrowed from the library. One of them, just was giving me problems. The import icon wouldn't come on (just the browse...

Real big problem, any help would be great! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I gave my parents my W2s every year since I started working in 2000. They told me they would file my taxes for me... they did not. Also they do not have any of my W2s. So... I need to file taxes soon and I need to know the easiest way I can file returns late. So I have had all my taxes...

Is he for real [ 2 Answers ]

I'm married but I recently met a guy- also unhappily married.I never let him know that I was not happy with my husband. He pursued me and called my cellular fone and left messages. We also saw each other to talk. In short, we had a physical relationship for only 1 time. He was kind and considerate...

View more questions Search