Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elvira1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 07:35 PM
    Daughter doesn't love her father
    I have a 5 almost six year old daughter. I was separated from her father when she was 7 months old. We didn't see each other for 2 and a half years. When we did get back together again he was very sick, (diabetic), always in bed, depressed, weak. I had moven in with my mother and my daughter was her life and my daughter adored my mother. Needless to say, my daughter is spoiled, looks up to my mother more than me. Now that her father is feeling better he wants to take her out, play with her etc. She doesn't want anything to do with him unless he buys her something. She cries and screams when he's around. She doesn't listen to him or me. She wants to be with my mother all the time. I have to admit that I let this happen but didn't realize it at the time. I work and go to class and my mom has babysat all this time. Her father and I want to move in together but it's going to be a big problem. I just don't know what to do. He gets mad at me for spoiling her and letting my mother take over. At the same time I love my daughter and am not going to be yelling at her all the time or punishing her. His patience is running out and so is mine.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2009, 07:42 PM

So she yells, she will stop, so she crys she will stop, you can look into some counseling but in the long run, gradma should be trying to help this move along, Grandma can use a "mothers" day out sometimes, let the child be at other sitters part of the time.
    Hazel13 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 07:49 PM

I think that you and your husband should spend a little bit more time with her and little less time with grandma. And try to buy some of the toys she wants.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter father [ 2 Answers ]

My year old baby girls bilogical father is not on her birth certificate. Can my current boyfriend, who I'm pregnant by now, adopt her without her bilogicals permission or approval? Can her bilogical dad get rights without proof that he is really her daddy?

Father! Marcelino montalvo. A daughter in need of her real father [ 14 Answers ]

Ok I now you hear this a lot but I am looking for my father.. I haven't seen him since I was a couple of months.. but when I was 16 and ranaway I saw him at the best buy in kendall Florida.. but I didn't say anything to him. I regret it and I just want him in my life. His name is marcelino...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

View more questions Search