Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Does anyone believe in life after death?
    Today I was talking to a very close friend of mine and we have different views but we agree to disagree.

I think there is life about death otherwise I wouldn't think for another minute that spirits exsits but she thinks once you die you are reincarnated and move on to another life.

However, I don't think so. What are your takes on this matter?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 06:21 PM

Well I can say your both right.

I believe that there is a lot that we do not know about.

Maybe there is a clause, maybe there are some cases where the spirit is sent back to a new body. With God anything is possible.

Also there was a time where I believe that the church taught reincarnation as part of the belief but very early nipped it in the bud.

I personally believe there is a life after life. I also believe that it is possible that somebody can come back to life on earth.

So when I say that your both right. You both have different beliefs, but you both believe that life continues in one form or another. So in reality your beliefs are not that far apart.

At least you both believe that life continues after this one.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 07:50 PM

I believe that believing in reincarnation is like saying that you limit God in your mind because God is not so limited that he has to *recycle* souls.
    I believe there is something people call reincarnation but I believe it is more like a spirit channeling through a person N0T reincarnation.
    black111madonna Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Apr 30, 2009, 10:26 AM

I believe that we do not suffer death only transformation.
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Apr 30, 2009, 11:26 AM
    I believe that our soul is our life force which is who we are, what we think and how we feel. After our mortal bodies gives that up, it goes onto a new life. To be re-incarnated to something unfamiar like an animal or something like that would not make sense to what or who we are.
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Apr 30, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Hi liz28, you are welcome sweetheart. I don't know how to quote rates, but you are more than welcome.
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

May 17, 2009, 02:31 PM

I believe in life after death yes. (so much so I run a spiritual forum RE: Death & The Afterlife there's been too many experiences not to, plus I am mediumistic and do talk to spirit.

May 20, 2009, 06:58 AM

Thanks for your nice comments re my forum black111madonna x
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 07:31 AM

I believe we have life eternal in heaven.That is Gods promise to the faithful.
    I think when we see spirits,I believe they are souls that are earthbound for a variety of reasons.
    Unfinished business or a trauma that holds them to earth.
    Interesting question Liz,I liked reading the responses :)
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

Jun 2, 2009, 07:16 PM

I believe in life after death, and I call it Heaven. How can there not be life after death, what would be the point of living this life, expecting nothing left after we expire. I do not believe in reincarnation because "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment," Hebrews 9 27
    Tell me, if there is no afterlife, how can this whole life mean anything, how can you just live thinking that you can die any day, and after that, just a dark nothingness, an empty void? I find it extremely hard not to believe in life after death.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 07:32 PM
    I believe that the body dies, but that the soul lives on. I believe in the basic concepts of Heaven and Hell.
    nithyanda Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jun 4, 2009, 02:24 PM
    If you live your life you will never die meaning if you are constantly aware of whatever is happenig inside and outside of you you will have no fantesies if you are doing this right.
    Also whatever comes in contact with your body or touches your body and it may be anything just feel it simply touching your skin. Just live in the moment in total and do whatever you do in total and know what ever you are doing every step YOU ARE.
    Do meditation unmoved and watch your breath and do it as long as you feel and alwase listen to your feel. Try to follow as many of these as possible and you will see you will know the answer to your questions and much much more.

Be BLissful
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 02:54 PM

I like to thank everyone for their response and everyone view is dead on and I agreed with all of them.

Everyone remember to live your life and don't put off what you do today for tomorrow because tomorrow isn't promise.

Liz
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 03:43 PM

Hello liz:

After you die, there ain't no more you. You're done, finished, over, kaput. Worms'll be working their way around your brain.

It's nice to pretend that we'll go to a better place... I guess that's why some people don't care much about THIS place.

excon

Jun 4, 2009, 03:50 PM

After Liz getting such a nice response to her thread and believing in what she believes in, I think that comment above wasn't a nice one! Of course everybodys entitled to their opinion and believe in what they believe,but what a horrible way of expressing yourself.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritcharms View Post
    what a horrible way of expressing yourself.
    Hello spirit:

We've never met. I'm excon. I tell the truth. I don't sugarcoat stuff. I'm not one for warm and fuzzy. I have an opinion. I express it clearly.

I DON'T, however, disrespect my fellow posters. My opinion is NEVER personal, and it's NEVER directed at any one person.

The question asked for my belief. I stated it. The only thing horrible about my post is YOUR reaction to it.

excon
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritcharms View Post
    After Liz getting such a nice response to her thread and believing in what she believes in, i think that comment above wasnt a nice one! of course everybodys entitled to their opinion and believe in what they believe,but what a horrible way of expressing yourself.
    Liz asked a question, Ex answered it honestly. That's what this site is all about.

Jun 5, 2009, 12:00 AM

LOL no worries, nothing wrong with speaking your truth, and not sugar coating either,but I guess it must just be me then that cares about others feelings, as I'm finding out on this site.

I've read so many horrible,nasty responses on this site lately to people that need help and understanding and not people taking the p*** all the time. Excon, I know that you wasn't but I think some people could have done without the 'worms working their way around your brain' comment on such a sensitive subject for some. But that's just my opinion. No hard feelings :)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2009, 09:51 AM

Liz... here are some more views on the same topic.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/religi...fe-190885.html
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 12:58 AM
    Liz, I thought that you might be interested in reading this book by Michael Newton - Journey of Souls.

It gives an interesting perspective on the afterlife, or the life between lives, and reincarnation and is based on actual case studies by a clinical psychologist.

I personally found some of the concepts in it to be a bit structured, but it presents a conceptual framework for 'life after death' that both you and your friend might be interested in reading and discussing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there life after death? [ 74 Answers ]

What happens after life Does actually heaven and hell exits... Comment...

A matter of life and death [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, The title is sincere... No pun intended... I truly believe the question of the Trinity can NEVER be resolved... I have studied with Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians at the same time... (Witnesses do not take offence) I didn't know any other way to state who I studied with... During the...

Life after death [ 32 Answers ]

Many religions talk many thing. There is a common agreement that death is certain and all it is uncertain when it will happen. But still it remained a question mark what happens after the death?

Life or death for my lizards [ 1 Answers ]

I wondered what is the humidity level of anole lizards and what will happen if the humidity is to low or to high

Life after my moms death [ 1 Answers ]

I am 34 yrs old and I lost my mom through cancer 7 months ago. My sister and I took care of her on her last 6 months. She wanted to die at home. I have been married for 8 yrs . Will never have children of my own. 13 yrs ago one of my sisters was murdered by her husband.and she left 2 little girls...

View more questions Search