Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annabee53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2006, 08:02 PM
    CD-RW not working
    The CD-RW drive is not working. It says that it cannot complete a burn or it says that it is done but there is nothing there or an incomplete burn. The drivers are up to date. Any ideas? The computer is about 3 years old and running Windows XP service pack 2. It is a Pentium 4, 2,4 gHZ and has 256 megs of ram.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 21, 2006, 06:50 AM
    What burner software are you using? What speed are you burning at? And I would not recommend running XP on less that 1G of RAM. Minimum, In my opinion, is 512.
    jham_lindow Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2006, 03:53 PM
    Ya, the data I have is inconclusive in that I need to know the company who made it, the driver version, and the model number.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 22, 2006, 01:48 AM
    To follow on from what Scott said;
    Have you checked to make sure it's not a problem with the media ? (try a different brand of cd)
    What data are you trying to burn ? (maybe an error with the data or encoding method)
    When was the last time you did maintenance on this machine ? (not only on the Software, but also cleaning the CD drive with a lens cleaning disc)

That should give you a few things to work with.

Jham, again not really helpful in this situation.
    Please read the questions. Thank you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 22, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jham_lindow
    Ya, the data I have is inconclusive in that I need to know the company who made it, the driver version, and the model number.
    I can understand needing the mfg. But what possible reason would you need driver and model number for this problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ps2 not working [ 13 Answers ]

Hi all Could someone tell me the answer of what I can do here? When me ps2 was still under warranty... I had a problem with "not reading disks" error. I sent the console out for repair and when it returned... things worked fine. Now, the games will not work again! No error comes up at all...

Fan not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay fan... It was working just find for the last 4 years... I went to use it today and it won't turn on or anything plus when I turn off and on the switch on the wall I hear a click in the fan.. could this be the motor or a fuse in the fan... A friend says it's the remote but the...

Heat isn't working [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I have central AC/Heat and the heat portion doesn't appear to be working. New to home and have not ever had it working. Is there any common problems that anyone can let me know of so I can check them out. When the heat is on, it blows air, just not hot air. Thanks in advance. David

Working on opt [ 1 Answers ]

I am an F1 student on my OPT. I just got a job offer and they want me to work as a contractor for a while i.e. on 1099. Can I do that?

View more questions Search