Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blnd1786 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Need title and author of a young adult romance book
    I read a good book when I was 14 years old and I can't remember the title or author, I would like to get the book for my little sister. Please help!
    The book is about a woman whose older sister is getting married but the night before, her sister runs away with another man! So the woman is forced to marry him in place of her sister so the family's name isn't dishonored. The man doesn't love her though, and the whole book is about her trying to please him by being the best wife and get him to love her instead of her sister! Of course he ends up realizing how blind he was and he falls in love with her and they live happily ever after!
    It was a hard cover book in light pink and I think there was a black drawing of a woman on the cover. I thought the title or the author was " Maria Schuyler " but I can't find anything under that name. It takes place in mid to early 19th century. If anyone has read this or know what I am talking about please let me know! Thanks
    rebecca556 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Was it Composition in Black and White: The Life of Philippa Schuyler by Kathryn Talalay?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of book and author historical romance time travel [ 2 Answers ]

It was about the mid 80's when I read the book and it was set in current time the woman jumped or fell into her pool and came out of the water in the 1800's fell in love with someone and then jumped or fell into a river near the end and came up back in the future some how I think she gets back to...

Looking for title and author of a historical romance book [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone can tell me the title and/or author of this book I would greatly appreciate it. It is about two sisters who live in the U.S. Their parents die and they have to move to somewhere in England to live with their aunt. Well the aunt keeps the younger of the two and sends the oldest to...

Trying to find the title and author of a young adult book. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been trying to remember the title and/or author of a couple of books that I read when I was younger. They involved a boy who was from another planet and didn't know it. I think he had powers, or at least had a little bit of precognition. I can't remember most of the events in the...

View more questions Search