Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kabbir40 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Do you buy the airtime the same rate for everywhere?
    If I buy I block of airtime is it going to be the same rate for all the different countries. Like for us its like few cents and for cuba its almost a dollar for min. if I buy a block of airtime like 5000 min my choice for how much is it my choice for how much I want the rates for countries to be. If you now what I mean.
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Apr 28, 2009, 11:38 AM

I'm not certain I understand what you mean, but the reason that is costs differently to call different countries is not what the carrier charges, but rather the connection fees the country charges the carrier. In some countries, like Cuba, that is a good source of income to the country, so they charge more.
    Others, like England, don't charge as much because it would be counter-productive.

Apr 28, 2009, 03:08 PM
    What I mean is that I go and buy a block of airtime of 10000 min for 10 min for a dollar. After when I make my card I make my own rates for the countries. Does the phone carrier compnay I bought the airtime decide what rate I have to chose for the countries or it my choice. Example I use the airtime for canada it is going to be 10000 so is it going to be the same 10000 min if I use my airtime for asia or no.

Apr 28, 2009, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOPPER View Post
    I'm not certain I understand what you mean, but the reason that is costs differently to call different countries is not what the carrier charges, but rather the connection fees the country charges the carrier. In some countries, like Cuba, that is a good source of income to the country, so they charge more.
    Others, like England, don't charge as much because it would be counter-productive.
    But the thing is that if you call south asia it is not that expensive but if you call south asia from middle east it is expensive. Why is that?

Apr 28, 2009, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kabbir40 View Post
    but the thing is that if you call south asia it is not that expensive but if you call south asia from middle east it is expensive. why is that?
    Because those countries have a contract with the carrier to use the phone lines in that country. The country itself charges the carrier, and they charge you. So say 100 minutes of phone time to england goes a lot further than to south asia. And you do not get to pay what you want to pay. It's what that country wants to charge.

Apr 30, 2009, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOPPER View Post
    because those countries have a contract with the carrier to use the phone lines in that country. The country itself charges the carrier, and they charge you. So say 100 minutes of phone time to england goes alot further than to south asia. And you do not get to pay what you want to pay. It's what that country wants to charge.
    Can I start a calling card business in middle east and use a toll free number for the card which would connect it to canada and ask for pinand connect the person calling from middle east to south asia from canada. Because the countries charge more connection fee if you call southasia from middle east than they do if calling from canada. Example if you use a calling card from middle east to south asia it would cost the person almost a dollar per min and if calling from canada it would be 5 cents per min. is it possible to do it or no

Apr 30, 2009, 02:05 PM

Well, I'd contact the telecommunications bureau for each country, but I don't think that would work, because when you add the connect fees for three countries, you'd be back to where you started if you had just did it one way.
    The best way to do something like that, is to cut your profit margin and hope that like Wal-Mart in the U.S. enough people will use your product/service. That way the lower profit will add up to more than if you charged what everyone else was charging.
    A friend of mine in business told me that any start up company will spend at least the first five years in the red, so it will take awhile to pay off, but if you are willing to stick with it, it will grow.
    And another thing, is there a big market for the service that you provide? If not, maybe you might want to re-think your plan. If you try to fill a niche, it might not be profitable for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate the international growth rate & sustainable growth rate? [ 1 Answers ]

S&S Air INC. 2006 income statement $ Sales: 21,785,300 Cost of goods sold: ...

Rate of return and coupon rate [ 1 Answers ]

I need someone to show me how to find the value of a bond when it gives a coupon rate and rate of return. The value of $1000 when the coupon rate is 7% and the required rate of return is 8%

Average rate of return, net present value, internal rate of return, & payback period [ 3 Answers ]

CAM Company is evaluating a project requiring a capital expenditure of $619,200. The project has an estimated life of four years and no salvage value. The estimated net income and net cash flow from the project are as follows: Year Net Income ...

The rate of return on a proposal is less than the rate used in the analysis [ 1 Answers ]

if in evaluating a proposal by use of the net present value method there is an excess of present value over the amount to be invested, the rate of return on the proposal is less than the used in the analysis. true or false

Direct-cost rate, Indirect Cost rate [ 1 Answers ]

Budget 2007 Pro labor compensation $960,000 Audit support department cost $720,000 Pro Labor-hours billed to clients 16,000 hours Actual Results 2007 Audit support department costs $744,000 Pro labor-hours billied to clients 15,500 hours Actual pro labor cost rate $58

View more questions Search