Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hacowo76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 10:36 AM
    deck top. We have a covered deck, planning on expanding deck, a 2x4 crossed cover
    help!! We are planning on expanding our original deck with an open 2x4 crossed cover... do you have pictures or construction help?? Thanks
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Apr 28, 2009, 11:39 AM

what do you mean... and open 2x4 crossed over?

all I can picture is a 2x4 board stuck between 2 decks?

can you try to describe better what you want?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to replace my deck belt on my troybilt 17hr. 42' deck belt diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I need to replace my deck belt on troybilt 17hr. 42' riding lawnmover. Be nice to have a diagram

Deck tables, tributary load, and beam size for deck [ 4 Answers ]

I am confused with "deck tables" from different sources, specifically concerning beam size for a deck. I am planning a basic deck as shown: 9677 Sources that describe the "tributary load" and "tributary length" would allow me to use as little as (1) 2x6 for the "front beam" (tributary...

Beam, post size and connection for semi-covered deck [ 10 Answers ]

I am building a deck with a pergola cover, and would like some advice on size of post, and connection of beam to post. The attached picture shows the basic layout. I plan to put a support beam underneath through the middle (easy), so the effective joist span is only 6'. The front header/beam is...

How to keep second floor deck from dripping water onto first floor deck [ 5 Answers ]

We are planning to build a second floor deck over an existing deck. Will be 16 x 12 when finished. My question is this. We don't want the upper deck to allow water to drip onto the lower deck when raining. How can this be prevented? I want to use 5/4 decking on top, but don't see how we can do that...

Covered patio on/near pool deck [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wanting to do a covered area of around part of my pool for sometime now. My backyard is quite small - the pool deck starts at the house and ends at the back fence. This will require me to put my posts on my pool deck. It is a cool deck (I think that's the right kind), it looks kind of...

View more questions Search