Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninasky20092009 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 05:42 AM
    Getting a caramel skin tone.
    Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and have been doing extensive resrearch on skin lightening. I am "Venus Williams' colour and I am looking to lighten a few shades - hopefully to something like Mel B (of Spice Girls fame) colour which appeals to me.

(My first reason among others for wanting to lighten is because I just do not photo well and I am always scared to have a photo taken where only my teeth are showing! Lol)

On a serious note, I have been looking at Hydroquinone, Arbutin and Monobenzone.

From this forum I note that Monobenzone, does not lighten the skin, it just depigments the skin and will turn it white so don't think this is useful for wha Im after.

Also Arbutin and Hydroquinone seem like 'ideal' solutions, however may cause problems with the liver if used in excess. I have found a company based in China who are willing to supply me - they say they have many clients in UK and want to charge £200-300.00 for 16oz 10 to 20% concentration (thix is a quote for Arbutin).

The company is amandahitech - anyone ever heard or bought from them? Are they genuine? Your advice is appreciated :-)

I am going to see a dermatologist very soon, so if I get any useful feedback or advice from them, I'll let you know.
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

Apr 28, 2009, 07:42 PM

I would definitely consider hydroquinone, it really works, but if you want a drastic change like that then your going to have to use a high concentration of it, can't comment on arbutin , never used it before!!
    4shadesPLZ Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2009, 05:10 PM

OK I am confused... some people say hq is BAD and some say its good! What is the truth!
    innuendo Posts: 81, Reputation: 5

Apr 29, 2009, 05:45 PM

Its bad if used extensively (years)

Apr 29, 2009, 06:18 PM

Hmm I see more research is required! Thank you
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 07:51 PM

Hq is bad long term it can change the skin by making it darker, I've seen some people with green streaks of skin. I use high hq, lightening soaps, pills, retina, kojic acid etc. I lightened about 6 shades went from whoopi to beyounce
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2009, 06:32 AM

I use hq 2% with aha soap(for body)works amazing

Apr 30, 2009, 03:43 PM

are you serious?
    well how long did it take you?
    can I see pics?
    email = [email protected]
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tai18 View Post
    i use hq 2% with aha soap(for body)works amazing
    What is the active ingredient in the aha soap
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2009, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    what is the active ingredient in the aha soap
    Alpha hydroxy acid,Lactic Acid is the main ingredient, it says on the box Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate/Sodium Palm Kemelate, Water, (Aqua), Glycerin, Fragrance, (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Lactic Acid, A.H.A, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Penetate, then I use hq lotion
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tai18 View Post
    alpha hydroxy acid,Lactic Acid is the main ingredient, it says on the box Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate/Sodium Palm Kemelate, Water, (Aqua), Glycerin, Fragrance, (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Lactic Acid, A.H.A, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Penetate, then i use hq lotion
    Thxxx tai, cause I've seen aha solution around but never tried it though:D
    My regimn is like a grocery list no more room to add anything else:p
    ninasky20092009 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 01:27 AM

Hi everyone, thank you for all of your comments - they are very helpful. Will defin. Try high dose hq and a combination of other methods (soaps/lotion) - before and after pics would be great to see - [email protected]

Lighterr - you've probably been harassed for where you got your creams from as your results seem amazing! If you can I'd be grateful if you could send me details!

Will let you know how I get on...
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasky20092009 View Post
    Hi everyone, thank you for all of your comments - they are very helpful. Will defin. try high dose hq and a combination of other methods (soaps/lotion) - before and after pics would be great to see - [email protected]

Lighterr - you've probably been harassed for where you got ur creams from as your results seem amazing! if you can I'd be grateful if you could send me details!

Will let you know how I get on.....
    I did get really good results cause I have a regimn the size of a grocery list:D
    But it works:p not harassment at all I like helping others where all in this lightening together. Once you do start I must advise to avoid the sun @ all cost and most important use sunscreen even when you in your house.;)
    skin perfect Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 09:54 AM
    I did get really good results cause i have a regimn the size of a grocery list:D
    But it works:p not harassment at all i like helping others where all in this lightening together. Once you do start i must advise to avoid the sun @ all cost and most important use sunscreen even when you in your house.;)
    lighterrr would you mind if you send me your list of products you use?:(
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 10:03 AM

no problem, here is my current regimn

3 in 1 whitening soap I bath 2X daily
    Apply hq 10% to face 3X daily and body 2X daily
    retina 3X a week
    Glutha pills 1000mg 1X daily
    kojic acid cream 1X daily
    Vitamin C 1X daily
    Injections 1X weekly
    sweetchica21 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1
    -

May 3, 2009, 08:43 AM
    I did get really good results cause i have a regimn the size of a grocery list:D
    But it works:p not harassment at all i like helping others where all in this lightening together. Once you do start i must advise to avoid the sun @ all cost and most important use sunscreen even when you in your house.;)
    Wear sunscreen even at home?:eek: y?:confused: I only wear sunscreen if its hot or sunny outside.. never at home or during winter lol..
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetchica21 View Post
    wear sunscreen even at home?:eek: y?:confused: i only wear sunscreen if its hot or sunny outside.. never at home or during winter lol..
    Lol yes I do sweet I know that I am a skin whitening extremist though and I have accepted that.:o I wear it because I have large windows and the sun penetrates my blinds and lands right on me, well I can't accept that so I wear it in the house all the time:)
    -

May 3, 2009, 09:26 AM
    lol yes i do sweet i know that i am a skin whitening extremist though and i have accepted that.:o I wear it because i have large windows and the sun penetrates my blinds and lands right on me, well i can't accept that so i wear it in the house all the time:)
    Oh OK. Lol.. I just started using suncreen recently.. never used 2.. Guess that's y my body is diff shades lol... when I went to africa for winter break, I noticed that a lot of people who bleach don't use sunscreen but still maintain their skin color:eek: I guess the sunrays here are stronger:confused:
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetchica21 View Post
    oh ok. lol.. i just started using suncreen recently.. never used 2.. guess that's y my body is diff shades lol... when i went to africa for winter break, i noticed that alot of people who bleach dont use sunscreen but still maintain their skin color:eek: i guess the sunrays here are stronger:confused:
    Maybe but they put on bleach like crazy over there where did you go I am leaving for Nigeria west africa in 2 days, my fiancée is Nigerian. Yeah I saw all these women with whitening cream on their face it wasn't even rubbed in they just put the white cream on their face and left it like that :eek: I kept asking my guy why they did that he just said they wanted it to stay on their face as long as possible, made no sense to me but I was like. Whatever? Girl I'm going to be avoiding the sun @ all cost OMG I got sunscreen 100% and its just pure long sleeves and long dresses for me. Thank god the maxi dresses are still trendy:D I went to the mall yesterday and bought like 7 of them :eek:
    -

May 3, 2009, 09:45 AM
    Maybe but they put on bleach like crazy over there where did you go i am leaving for Nigeria west africa in 2 days, my fiancee is Nigerian. Yeah I saw all these women with whitening cream on their face it wasn't even rubbed in they just put teh white cream on their face and left it like that :eek: i kept asking my guy why they did that he just said they wanted it to stay on their face as long as possible, made no sense to me but i was like. Whatever? Girl im gonna be avoiding the sun @ all cost OMG i got sunscreen 100% and its just pure long sleeves and long dresses for me. Thank god the maxi dresses are still trendy:D I went to the mall yesterday and bought like 7 of them :eek:
    Lol I went to cameroon.. :eek: at nigeria.. I have a family friend who has been bleaching for a few years.. wears shorts and tank tops and still maintained her skin color.. must be using some really strong cream.. I wish I had asked lol.. that's my prob with bleaching.. I want to be able to wear short skirts and cute tops outside and wear bikini's to the beach.. don't feel like covering up all the time:(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to bleach skin and Still have a smooth and even tone skin? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been bleaching my skin but I have darker knuckles and elbows etc and uneven skin tone. Can some one please tell me which skin bleaching lotion to use to have an even skin tone and get darker knuckles, elbows, etc and also best way to bleach skin ...

How to even your skin tone? [ 3 Answers ]

How to even your skin tone?

Even skin tone [ 1 Answers ]

My question is I suffered from acne it is truly all gone. But I have un even skin tone not bad but it's their the outer sourrounding of my face is a little darker then the middle section were the nose and mouth is how do I even my tone up and get lighter skin?

What skin tone am I? [ 1 Answers ]

What skin tone am I? I am mexican and most people think I'm indian. I'm not colse to a peach tan. Am I a pail tan? I went to the doctor and he said this was my natural skin tone and that I'm healthy. So its not from my nutrition. I'm yellowish tan(pail). I keep mixing concealers and I never find...

View more questions Search