Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 02:13 AM
    Fashion Project: Everyone invited to post.
    Hello there everyone of you posting in that thread. I have a project on Fashion, in the modern world.

I'll welcome anyone viewing that thread to post a little something about fashion. Every comment will be most welcomed. I need some comments, thoughts critics, everything about fashion. That ranges from the most common form of fashion, clothes, to the most insignificant trend in the world like piercings, type of hat, hairstyle, everything.

I just need all types of comments from you, suggestions, etc. Post please, post! :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 02:25 AM

OOooooh OK,
    Well I was watching the fashion channel today and just thought to myself "why" and "how" and "what"

Why do the models put themselves through that?

How do they think that is fashion?

What drugs are the desginers taking?

I tend not to follow fashion, I'm more of a jeans and a t-shirt kind of gal, I just don't understand how wearing an unbuttoned blazer with no bra and a pair of undies is fashion?

That's probably not what you were looking for Unky but it's been bugging me all day lol :D
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Apr 28, 2009, 01:25 PM

I am soooo loving black wet look skinny jeans, the colour teal & turquoise, tulip dresses, ethnic bags, roses, bows, forehead hairbands, pointy shoes, cropped jackets, chipped short layers with lots of va-va volume!

Although what bugs me is the lack of petite clothing!! Sure, there are a few stores that have a small section for petites, but it's not a big variety, it's just not fair! Some of the petite stuff also seems to be aimed at 'grumpy old ladies'.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 05:25 PM

I make most of my clothes when I have the time because I graduated from a fashion school and my major was fashion design.

I switch up my look. Sometimes I wear the two tone jeans with a nice urban shirt with timberland boots. Or I wear the skinny jeans with converse sneakers and a tight shirt with a mini vest (sometimes I add a tie). Or I wear the boot legs capris with knee high pointed shoes(no more than 3 inches) with a funky shirt.

Or I like the long flowy dresses with sandals. I am into the leather looking spandex with shirt to cover my butt and I love the vintage look.

Also, I love to play around with colors, hats, and head ties.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 06:54 AM

Any one more? There are no bad post here, just post your opinion about fashion in general! :)
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 06:56 AM

I love blazers. I wear blazers with jeans, dress slacks, skirts, shorts, anything.

I have a blazer in pretty much every color and fabric - absolutely love them. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:10 AM

I know most women collect shoes and more than likely have many pairs.

Well, I am the opposite. I love handbags. Right now I am into the big ones verus the small ones. I have one in any shape, color, and by different designers. The most I ever spen on a bag was $950 but that was a steal because it usually goes for close to $2,000. I have a closet just for my bags.

It drives my fiancé mad and I have to watch my friends when they come over because that is the first place they head to see what new bag I got or to borrow one.

But I let them know "Don't mess with my bags".
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:14 AM

LOL OK, you were just talking on fashion related to shoes and bags (handbags), thanks again liz!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:22 AM

My style changes frequently.

I'm a jeans, t-shirt and flip flops kind of girl but I could also fit into the rockabilly category.

My scent is Coco Chanel.

That's me :)

Quick example of rockabilly clothes

Sarah
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 30, 2009, 07:27 AM

Black dress and lacy leggins with flats. Nice simple but dressy look.

Most of the time you'll find me in a pair of long purple or pink skinny jeans with a pair of rainbow-zebra striped high heels with a pink screen tee or a blue tee with a tuxedo vest. Get lots of looks at the mall but it's what I like. =)
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzball_Kara View Post
    Most of the time you'll find me in a pair of long purple or pink skinny jeans with a pair of rainbow-zebra striped high heels with a pink screen tee or a blue tee with a tuxedo vest. Get lots of looks at the mall but it's what I like. =)
    That's sounds so cool! It is unique and I see this look a lot in the Village but I think it cool. Be you and do what you do. I love the tuxedo vest and have a few of them.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:42 AM

There! The thread has started going! Anymore?

Hairstyle; spiky hair, 'degradee'...
    Nail polish...
    Perfume...
    Shoes...
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:46 AM

My "me" perfume is Very Irresistible by Givenchy.

Recently, I've purchased *blushes* Paris Hilton and Fairy Dust. The girl at the counter was a good salesman. She had me smell the two scents before I knew what they were. I said, "I have to have those, what are they?" Then she told me. I was shocked, but bought them anyway! :)

I also wear Be Delicious by DNKY, Cool Water by Davidoff, B Spot by Beneful, and Pleasures by Estee Lauder.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:49 AM

My outfit obviously depends on the weather...

When it's cold outside and wintry, I opt for the whole "Jason Bourne" look... black sweater, charcoal overcoat, dark jeans.

When it's summery and light outside, I opt for the "Burn Notice" guy look... light button up shirt, sleeves rolled up, light jeans, and flippity floppities.

Current cologne - aramis life... SOMEONE suggested it to me.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post

current cologne - aramis life...SOMEONE suggested it to me.
    ::blushes:: ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:57 AM

I love Brittany Spears perfume and the mist sprays. I don't wear heavy make-up only lipstick, lip gross, and eye shadows.

I love the short hair cuts. I think they are bold. Any cut style is cool for me.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 30, 2009, 08:01 AM

My me perfume is Hollywood Pink by avon. I'm a lots of layers with short hair kind of girl with the swoopy bands. My nails are always either black or blue or yellow. Shoes are always high heels, cute flats by Roxy or converses and maybe some vans here or there. =)
    dapixman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 08:04 AM
    When will phoney acid washed jeans going to die or be discontinued, maybe when folks stop buying them.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 10:14 AM

Thanks all of you, really! You've provided me with a lot of ideas! Any more? :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Things I like on a woman...

Scents... well, just like cologne on a man, it depends on how the scent works with the woman's skin, but I love Amarige by Givinchy... most of givinchy's stuff is yummy. Also had a love who used an androstenone phermone concentrate over her body. It was lovely. Don't care if it was a true phermone... it rocked my world... of course, watching her place dabs of it over her body didn't hurt things either. Seriously, that stuff was great.

Uhm... I also like certain fabrics on women. Some of the rayons or acrylics with a small % spandex blend in the fabric gives a nice feel with some stretch in all the right places. Can hug the curves of a woman and hangs nicely. Chico's has a lot of this. Works for me. Patterns and good lines with thoughtful seams and stitching can make or break a piece of clothing.

Lately I've been attracted to fabric belts for women... non leather... like a leopard print fabric or some other print... not leather or metal. Maybe it's a phase. Daddy likes, nonetheless.

I like nails done for the season. Could be longer or not. Squared or rounded. Doesn't matter. Clean and taken care of is attractive, whether polished or not. Painted pigs when in the springtime is a great treat. Boys notice... at least this boy does.

For me... brooks brothers classic cologne. I've had others. This is My scent. Period.

Clothing... depends. Daily... pressed khaki's, more casual than serious, I like pockets... usually black leather shoes, not too structured, but good enough to wear almost anywhere, anytime... either a good button up shirt with a crisp collar that doesn't need a tie and sleeves rolled back two or three turns or a nice collarless shirt that fits well and is soft enough to make the girl have her hands on you.

I like blazers but don't find many I like. Tough to get the right fit across the shoulders without being oversized in the waist. Jeans and a blazer is common tho' when the weather is coldish.

I like gray a lot for my shirts. Some blues. More blacks. Like red but its wrong for my skin most of the time. Never yellows or pastels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fashion Designer needed to answer 10 questions for required school project [ 1 Answers ]

I really need two fashion designers to interview for a required school project. It will take ten minutes and I will NOT give ANY information of yours away. If you are willing to answer a few questions, email me! Thank you SO much for whoever helps me with this... you don't know how much this means...

What's the difference between fashion designing and fashion merchandising? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the difference between fashion designing and fashion merchandising?

View more questions Search