Ask
    jeremy 1996 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 10:46 PM
    I need money
    I need money wats a good 12 year old job
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 10:54 PM

Spring (if you are in the Northern Hemisphere) is a good time to find jobs. People need their lawns raked, lawn furniture washed, trash that was blown around over the winter picked out of bushes, bikes and trikes washed, cars washed. If you came to my house, you could help me plant a garden, wash basement windows, sweep out the garage, clean the grill, pull weeds, trim bushes. Indoors you could help me with spring cleaning--washing floors, walls, woodwork.

Are you willing to put in the time and work hard? There are probably people in your neighborhood like me.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Apr 27, 2009, 11:22 PM

Papper boy, Strange as it sounds volunteering (at first it will get you no money, but when you are ready for a job, references go a long long way.), doing odd jobs for people is your best bet though.

Good luck
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 11:27 PM

As others have said, paper route, lawns mowed, etc.
    lilbadass69 Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Apr 29, 2009, 03:41 AM
    For your age, your not going to find much, and even if you can do it they probably won't hire you, your best bet is either doing things for friends and family, you'll get paid better then if you got a job, either that or sell chocolates, I did that when I was young it wasn't the worst job in the world and the money wasn't bad either as long as you knew how to talk to people
    Cleaningman23 Posts: 255, Reputation: 5

Jun 7, 2009, 08:45 PM

I don't think you can work legally until your at least 13-14

Ummmmmmmmmm

Ask your neighbor to mow his lawn
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 10:26 PM

Hi, jeremy 1996!

Washing windows, although already mentioned, is one thing that I can think of to add to the rest of the suggestions that you've received here.

I used to do that in the spring for the elderly organist from our church.

Thanks!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2009, 10:57 PM

I'd totally pay a 12 year old to clean my car for me. Detail, vacuum, everything. Since I can't get my boyfriend to do it... lol
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2009, 07:11 AM

Hey,all good jobs mentioned above,try and stick to people your parents know and relatives,if your saving up for something ask relatives if they have any odd jobs..
    Just be careful about approaching people you don't know and let your parents know where you are and what your doing.
    bvijayakumarca Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 04:56 AM

A Child should enjoy its childhood and should not be employed for working. Pl concentrate on your education and get a decent degree of your choice. If you are unable to fund your education, there are agencies who will help you to study.
    johnglen Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Dec 1, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bvijayakumarca View Post
    A Child should enjoy its childhood and should not be employed for working. Pl concentrate on your education and get a decent degree of your choice. If you are unable to fund your education, there are agencies who will help you to study.
    I agree have fun in the sun

However college degrees are a huge scam if its own.
    If you know what you want to do just go do it.

Unless its like something serious like a surgeon, architect, lawyer etc.

But stuff like a bachelors in english history, yea 100k in debt and that new english history factory down the block is in real need of workers... :D

I'm not saying school is bad however a lot of degrees are useless and don't mean you actually learned anything.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 02:10 PM

John, while I tend to agree that certain degrees are over rated, the fact is, a number of places either require or prefer applicants with a college degree. Right or wrong, unless you're the one employing the world, discouraging a 12 year old from planning ahead for college is totally inappropriate. And he was asking about ways to make money. Not whether you think he should attend college.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

Who sings that song that goes "Money, Money, Money, Moneeeee?" [ 3 Answers ]

Who sings that song that goes "money, money money...moneeeeeeeeeeeey?"

Who sings money, money, money,money, money? [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings the song money, money, money, money?

View more questions Search