Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissatalanie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 10:04 PM
    My daughter's father is trying to hold my daughter over my head because we aren't together
    My daughter's father and I have not been together for a year now and at first we were keeping her every other week and splitting everything. Then I started struggling so he kept her for a couple months while I got on my feet.Now I have had her for the last 2 months straight and he sees her every now and then.He's been helping me because I don't have a job right now with the economy but I'm looking hard... I am sick of him holding everything over my head and I'm looking to file for custody and child support but I'm worried I'm not going to get it... He's a sexual offender, does that carry any weight and because I'm the mother will I more than likely get custody of my daughter?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 05:37 AM

Yes you need to get a court order so you have the order to back you up then he has nothing to say. Main thing at this point is make sure you can prove you are active in her life. If he could go into court and say he has had her and you haven't been involved then you would have worries.
    I am not sure if his being a sex offender would have much weight in court since they will see it as you have been okay with it up until now. They may look at it as you grasping for straws.
    Make sure she is staying with you and you can tell the court you have had her with you for the past xx months. That will be about the best plus for your side.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 28, 2009, 05:44 AM
    You will likely get primary phsyical custody but joint legal custody. He will get visitation and be required to pay support.

What is his sexual offense? If its against children he may not get any visitation!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my daughter's biological father [ 8 Answers ]

In 1970 I met an American who called himself Driskill,although I believe his true name to be Clyde Lile Driskill . I think he was from Fredericksburg, Virginia. The last I heard he was in Pineland, Florida. I would be very glad to have any information concerning him :) Kerry Brown

Travelling With My Daughter But Cannot Get A Hold Of Her Father To Sign Consent Form. [ 14 Answers ]

I am in real need of an answer... as quickly as possible. I am planning to travel to Tacoma, Washington (USA) from Toronto, Ontario (CANADA) on August 19, 2008. I have a 3-year old daughter who will be coming along with me. The only problem is, I was told I need a consent form signed by her father...

Looking for my daughter, daughter's mother [ 5 Answers ]

I am in CA and can't find my daughter. She is here in the San Bernardino area but mom and her guy have different names, different family members houses in different names and so on. How can I find where they are, especially my daughter??

View more questions Search