Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abhirocks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 11:14 AM
    Is old valid b1/b2 still valid travel doc if new h4 is stamped?
    Hi,
    I am an Indian citizen currently in the US on h4 visa valid until 1st Oct 2009. My husband is currently on an h1b. I also have a stamp of b1/b2 valid till 2013 (the stamp has not been cancelled or striked out) on my older passport. (both the visa's were stamped on my older passport, since then I have had another passport issued to me)
    If I travel out of the US, can I re-enter the US
    1. On b1/b2 after my h4 expires
    2. If h1b visa holder gets laid off, can I still enter US on H4 until my stamped h4 is valid which is oct 2009?

Primary query is that once the h4 is stamped , does it mean that the old but valid US business/tourist visa expires?

Thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 01:43 PM

If I travel out of the US, can I re-enter the US
    1. On b1/b2 after my h4 expires
    Yes, you can have more than 1 type of visa but you are allowed to use it one at a time.

2. If h1b visa holder gets laid off, can I still enter US on H4 until my stamped h4 is valid which is oct 2009?
    No, H4 status is automatically terminated when H-1B is ended.
    amru7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jun 23, 2010, 12:26 AM
    I entered US on tourist visa and got married.Now I am on H4 .I want to go to Inia and come back.can I?my H4 is not stamped on my passport
    amru7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jun 23, 2010, 12:26 AM
    I entered US on tourist visa and got married.Now I am on H4 .I want to go to Inia and come back.can I?my H4 is not stamped on my passport

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lay off on OPT, have valid H-1 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My friend was laid off while on OPT. The company had applied for his H-1 this year and he already has an approval starting this Oct. He has been laid off. Can he find another job and get the H-1 transferred? If yes, can he do so now or wait for 1st Oct to get a transfer? Thanks Juhi

I have H1 and L1. Is H1 valid still? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in a confusion and need clarification so that I can decide on my future. Your help would be appreciated. Company A sponsored me H1 and got my H1 stamping done. Company B I work for wanted me to go to US on assignment and got me L1. I am in US on L1 now. I want to switch to Company...

Old Debts are they valid? [ 1 Answers ]

A recent article listed on the link below; http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/ManageDebt/ZombieDebtIsHardToKill.aspx Everyone needs to understand how some debt collectors will buy old debts and they will try to get those people to reaffirm them. Understand one thing,...

View more questions Search