Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Apr 27, 2009, 10:08 AM
    Selling home to avoid foreclosure (time sensitive!)
    If you're in active foreclosure, I know that you're able to sell the home yourself before the sherrifs auction ends. My question is, if it is your intent to sell the home, will mortgage lenders be lenient in terms of allowing a certain amount of time in order to get the home under contract... or do you just have to WISH that the home sells before the judge bangs his gavel at the sale?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:33 AM

You won't have an indefinte amount of time... think of it this way... someone could put their house up for sale, but it may not sell for many months, or a year or more. In the meantime, the mortgage is still not getting paid. Speak with your lender about what time frame you are looking at.

If you want to avoid foreclosure, you might want to ask them about having a short sale. The bank, or mortgage company, agrees to take less than what the mortgage is, but better than foreclosing on it, and you don't have a foreclosure hit on your credit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the ideal time to travel between home country and US to avoid dual taxation? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian citizen and was deputed to the US on L1 visa way back in 2006 from my employer who has offices in both India and USA. I am now scheduled to return back to India by April 18, 2009 and continue my work from India. This means, in the fiscal 2009, I would earn salary in US$...

Time and speed to avoid hitting deer [ 5 Answers ]

You're driving a truck at night going 60mph. Your headlights extend to 150 ft ahead of the truck. At the end of that 150 ft is a deer. You're reaction time is .35 second. If it takes 36.7 feet to go from 30 mph to 0mph would you hit the deer? And if so, what time? I've gotten as far as...

20 Years - No Child Support - Time sensitive [ 5 Answers ]

After my divorce in 1988, the court ruled for my ex-husband to pay $500. A month for both children. I received a document last month (I requested), from the court that says his balance due to me is $280,000! He lives in another state, we do not communicate. However, his mother is still living and...

Selling my home vs letting it go to foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently a debtor in chapter 13. I am behind 2 months in my mortgage and 1 month in a catchup program. I need to send in the behind payments by the 27th of April or face foreclosure. If I make the payment to cure the default I still face the prospect of going through this again. ...

Time Sensitive issue regarding fraud charges [ 2 Answers ]

I know, I know this is going to start like you have all heard before, but I swear I am a concerned friend. A buddy of mine was fired from his job forging documents of Non existent companies and than stealing materials to paint some guys cars (the guys are drug dealers whom yes my buddy did this...

View more questions Search