Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wiszkid3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Estate account if you are not the Executer
    Can I open an estate account for my mother who passed away if I am not the executer of her will
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 08:40 AM

Short answer is no. To open an estate account the bank is going to want to see a court order from the probate judge that specifies you as the executor of the estate, as well as a death certificate and the tax ID number for the estate (which is NOT the same as the deceased's SS number).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I set up an estate account? [ 3 Answers ]

I was the power of attorney for my aunt, who recently died. The nursing home sent me a check in the name of her estate. I need to pay some bills that are due in there name. Where do I go first?

Estate Account [ 2 Answers ]

My wife passed away over a year ago, and I have been negotiating with Mary Kay to have the value of my wife's Mary Kay assets returned to me. Unfortunately, they made out the check to "The Estate of" my wife. I have been advised that I need to open an Estate Account. Is this the only avenue to...

Estate Account [ 1 Answers ]

My sister passed away a few months ago and my father is trying to pay her bills, but the bank did not honor the check written on the account to pay for her residential care. My sister was mentally retarded and a ward of the state of ca, where she lived. She received social security funds and...

View more questions Search