Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 07:48 AM
    2009 NFL Draft
    So after this weekend's draft, how is everyone feeling about their team's picks?

I am thrilled that the Jets and traded up for Mark Sanchez. I know some people think that it was a big risk, but I'm happy to see them being aggressive.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 07:50 AM

I don't know about the Eagles pick of Maclin hopefully it will work out. Mccoy was a great steal and the trade for Hobbs was good. But they still won't win the super bowl.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:05 PM

Jeremy Maclin is the MOST explosive college football player I have EVER seen. The dude can flat out FLY. I may be biased because he is a Mizzou boy, but you guys got yourself one of the steals in the draft, PERIOD.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 15, 2009, 12:10 PM

I think San Fran got a steal for sure.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:11 PM

San Fran did. Crabtree is a stud. Oakland probably made the dumbest single move I have seen in a LONG time. Doesn't shock me though. No offense, but until Al Davis either retires or dies, that team will forever remain a joke. Thank GOD they didn't draft Maclin. I would have been pizzed.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:14 PM

That is all well and good KC but he is a slot receiver and the Eagles have a 2 slot receivers already!! I'm sure he will be a good player but the eagles shouldn't of drafted him.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Al Davis LOVES speed Now if he would only fall in love with players that can actually play football then the raiders would be something to fear.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:15 PM

I do not think he will be a slot very long. I understand he is only 6'0" tall, but that is plenty enough...Jerry Rice...Marvin Harrison...and a ton of other "shorter" receivers did it. He can flat out stretch the field, and they can run so many plays for him it will not matter where he lines up.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:19 PM

And lets not forget (although I am extremely grateful they did it) the Broncos drafting a running back in the first round... Josh McDaniel is working on the most quick boot to the door a first time head coach can have... perhaps even quicker than Lane Kiffen.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:19 PM

My BF is a die hard Jets fan and he is psyched about Sanchez.
    I hope they have a good season.My BF actually gets depressed.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:21 PM

There is no greater time of year than Football season, at least to men.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:23 PM

You have to understand after drafting Freddie "The Peoples Champ" Mitchell in the first round I get a little nervous when the eagles talk about receivers.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 15, 2009, 12:23 PM

I doubt Sanchez will do much for the Jets. Lots of better QB's who didn't make it in the NFL, no reason to think Sanchez will kill it.

Denver better know something the rest of us don't though.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:25 PM

I will say it to you until it is proved to me that I am wrong. Maclin is the REAL deal. I have seen the dude in person many times, and I have no doubt he is. Take it to the bank. Freddie Mitchell... man I remember him... ewww..

At any rate, if Maclin gets behind the defense, NO ONE is catching him. Take it to the house!
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:28 PM

I am not sure what Denver knows, but I will tell what they don't know: how to keep a franchise quarterback...

As a Chiefs fan I am thoroughly happy they got rid of Cutler... good riddence! Hello Kyle Orton! :cool:
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 12:28 PM

But the thing with the eagles they hardly ever go down field. They just do those 5 yard passes. Makes me so angry. They went down field more this year with Jackson so hopefully they will throw the long ball much more.
    garrison23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 10:13 AM
    I think this draft went pretty well for everyone involved, except for the raiders of course, but I am more excited about next year when a few UNC players will be coming out and should have a huge impact. To hear more go to North Carolina|The Road to Tampa Bay Blog
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 10:59 AM

I don't know Garrison At least Heyward-Bey signed with the Raiders Crabtree won't even sign. He might be a better receiver then Bey but it doesn't matter when he is in street clothes.

I am a big UNC fan and I expect great things from them this year in football.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 11:00 AM

Crabtree needs to pull his head out of his a$$ and get into camp. This is the NFL Crabby, it ain't d-1 football... you can't just "catch up" on two weeks worth of training camp in one day.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 11:06 AM

I think it is hilarious that Crabtree wants BIG money so he is willing to sit out an entire year then re-enter the draft. If he does that I highly doubt he will be picked in the 1st or 2nd round. He will lose so much money. He needs to stop listening to his cousin/adviser and sign!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing H1 April 2009, finishing course work in May 2009 [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, I am finishing my course work in May 2009. I am filing my H1 in April 2009. Can I file my H1 based on masters? What letter and what letter should stat to support my application? Please answer me as soon as possible. I will be thankful to you.

How to draft a motion [ 2 Answers ]

How to draft a motion for the return of seized property.Is there a form/fee for it?

NBA draft [ 1 Answers ]

Okay say your in college right, and you want to go to the N.B.A. what are you suppose to do? Do you like get a agent? Or do you just try out? Anyone have a stable answer?

Return to the Draft? [ 39 Answers ]

Lt. Gen Douglas Lute, President Bush's new military adviser, said yesterday that because of frequent tours of duty for US soldiers in Iraq and Afghan, it is worth considering a return to the military draft. I saw some stats within the week that stated that a majority of soldiers in Iraq have...

Over draft [ 12 Answers ]

Hello my question Can the bank take money that is not in your account due to an order bieng sent to them from the courts. Then charge you that amount as over draft

View more questions Search