Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paul007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2004, 03:28 AM
    Formatting and installing win xp
    Hi does anyone know how to install win xp after formatting hard drive. I format using win 98 boot disk
    Which boots from A drive first but xp requires it to boot from the cd rom drive to install. Is there any way I can change the bios settings once I have formatted the drive
    So I can change it to boot from the cd rom.

Many thanks Paul
    Metamorphousthe Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2004, 01:23 PM
    Re: formatting and installing win xp
    I assume you already know how to get to your bios but just in case you don't.. . The Bios key could be different on each computer. If I don't know, I'll hit many of the different normal keys F1, F10, F11, F12, & DEL right after I hit the on switch. I keep tapping till I go into Setup. It is usually one of those keys. Depending on your main board and how old it is, it may not be setup to have an option of booting from cdrom, but when you get into the bios it should be listed under the second heading (or so) probably giving you boot sequence options like floppy, ide-o, media, etc.
    The-School-Of-Hard-Knocks
    The future belongs to Linux.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Formatting software [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have this old CPU, which I need to reformat. But it seems that my CD ROM is not that functioning. Please teach how can I format a hardisk with the use of Floopy disk drive, or can you please send me a website that can help me do this. Thank you very much. Br, Yolly;)

Formatting HD [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, You may think this an odd question but I would be interested in the answer. Does the Hard Drive depreciate the more it is formatted? If so, does anyone have any idea about approximately how may formats are needed before it depreciates beyond use? Thanks in anticipation.

Formatting Xp Pro Help [ 3 Answers ]

HI EVERYONE IAM NEW HERE AND WHAT A BONUS THIS SITE IS SOOOOO MUCH HELP FROM U ALL HERE,OK IAM HAVE BOUGHT A NEW PC A FEW MONTHS AGO AND CAUSE I DOWNLOAD A LOTA FILES/VIDEOS ECT I NEED TO FULLY FORMAT MY PC NOW MY MATE NORMALY COMES AND SORTS IT BUT HES MISSES Won't LET HIM DOWN TO MINE SO IAM...

Formatting Problem. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a document in word that I am using to create a seating plan for one of the weddings this weekend. I don't have a lot of time. The document contains lists of the people that are attending are arranged according to which table they are all seated. The creator has used Tabs to section each...

Formatting a hardisk [ 3 Answers ]

:(I formatted a hardisk and followed the steps in formatting, I got a message after "pls wait while setup Initializes, scanning system registry... Windows setup requires 7340032 bytes available And it stops there. I got the same message for a new hardisk. What shall I do??

View more questions Search