Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ldanny Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Apr 26, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Anyone ever got back with your ex successfully? After space?
    Just wondering if anyone has got back with their ex after the NC rule and space?
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 07:42 PM

NC rule is used for healing not for getting ex back. I think it is safe to say this for the most of us, after nc we won't want our ex back. At first I tried using NC to get my ex back but I've only come to realized how horribly she treated me. Never contacted her since.

Apr 26, 2009, 07:46 PM

I am doing NC to give her time to think... I don't know anymore...
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:05 PM

I read your other post. Its over bro. Move on and rebuild your life. Don't expect her to come back. She will if she loves you but by that time you will probably moved on already. Do NC for yourself, I know its really hard been there myself but she made a decision for herself and you should make one for you. Don't dwell about it anymore. Remember if you really love her, you would also be able to let her go and be happy even if its not with you.
    snow124 Posts: 116, Reputation: 28

Apr 26, 2009, 08:21 PM
    I got mine back, but not through NC. Then it just fell apart again completely, went into NC, and I haven't looked back. You'll start to move on, slowly but surely.
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snow124 View Post
    I got mine back, but not through NC. Then it just fell apart again completely, went into NC, and I haven't looked back. You'll start to move on, slowly but surely.
    Yah there is a reason why couples break up in the first place. Getting them back no matter how you do it will just have the same result.
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Apr 26, 2009, 08:24 PM

Yes about 3months later.. he broke up with me so I left moved on, I actually dated someone else. But he missed me and came back :)!
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by h0llister View Post
    yes about 3months later.. he broke up with me so i left moved on, i actually dated someone else. But he missed me and came back :)!!
    Oh what happened? O_O did you get back together with him?

Apr 26, 2009, 08:42 PM

How did you get them back? Ignore them?

Apr 26, 2009, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    Oh what happened? O_O did you get back together with him?
    You we have had a bad history ( a lot of lies from him) but he's changed... he really loves me and he shows it a lot now everyday he has university all day then work then homework and he always makes time to contact me now. (before he didnt) he has talked about wedding and stuff. So I decided to give him another chance.. and its going really good :) its been about 4months since we starting talking again and I'm going there for the summer!! :D!!

Apr 26, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ldanny View Post
    how did you get them back? ignore them?

I did NO CONTACT for a month and he emailed me a few times and Facebook messaged me for about 2months and I finally answered because he never gave up.. and I figured he must really love me and regret the breakup and I actually told him I had met someone else during the time we broke up and he didn't care he still wanted me back.. you never know the future but always NC!! When needed lol!
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 08:51 PM
    i did NO CONTACT for a month and he emailed me a few times and facebook messaged me for about 2months and i finally answered because he never gave up.. and i figured he must really love me and regret the breakup and i actually told him i had met someone else during the time we broke up and he didnt care he still wanted me back.. you never know the future but always NC!!!! when needed lol!!
    Did he break up with you or did you break up with him? O_O

Apr 26, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    Did he break up with you or did you break up with him? O_O
    He broke up with me.. we used to fight a lot over everything but mostly I didn't feel like he cared because he never contacted me but he was so busy to do it.. but now we r OK.. he makes time for me :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:17 PM
    he broke up with me.. we used to fight alot over everything but mostly i didnt feel like he cared because he never contacted me but he was soo busy to do it.. but now we r ok .. he makes time for me :)
    how did you start no contact? Did you just drop out of the face of the earth? Lol that's what I did I feel kind of bad =P

Apr 26, 2009, 09:22 PM

Well we broke up in October and didn't talk for November and then he contacted me near the end of November and he was acting like a boyfriend but said we weren't boyfriend and girlfriend so after about 2weeks I told him enough its either were boyfriend or girlfriend or nothing cause I can't do the 'friend thing' and I told him he could think about it for awhile... a week passed no call no anything so I called him and he's like I need more time to think and pretty much I said you know when you love someone and want to be with them and a week is long enough to think about it so I already know your answer.. goodbye and he said goodbye as well... and you no contact after that
    Butterflyjess Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 02:44 AM

Yes I did.
    We were having problems so we had space and after about a month of me not so much flirting with guys but not paying any attention to him and more attention to other guys he got jealous and realised that he was missing out on something. Show interest in a hobby and start doing something really good and look like you've moved on.
    If you were in love. You still have hope of getting back together.
    Show them what they will miss out on if they don't have you :)
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 05:36 AM

These threads get old, and I do mean OLD, really quick. Why do we continue to limit ourselves to only thinking about one person? One opportunity... the same freaking thing we have had over and over again?? There is so much in life waiting for you, so much to do, see, touch, and experience, and limiting yourself to thinking and only caring about getting that one "ex" back is simply robbing yourself of a chance at true happiness in life... happiness that doesn't require your heart to get broken in the process. Sounds like a grand idea to me..

Carry on.. :cool:
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 07:26 AM

I'll give you a quick, and I mean quick rundown of my story of why I came here to start. My ex broke up with me in December of 08, a week before Christmas to be exact, I tried everything to get her back but nothing worked. January 1st I went into NC mode(with help of this site), deleted EVERYTHING, myspace, phone numbers e-mail and IM addresses, and went 5 months without saying a word to her. She would send texts after about 2 months, asking how I was or talking to my friends about how I was doing. During this time, I had seen a few women, but nothing serious. I was focusing on myself, working out, getting to do things I couldn't while I was with her. In February, I met a girl and we immediately clicked, we started as friends and then started seeing each other and then seeing each other exclusively. She knew about my insecurities and how I was getting help on them. Her and I started dating in June, everything was going great! Then, my ex realizing I met someone new, started texting me wondering if things would change if we got back together, if I missed her and all that crap. I was happy, the girl I was seeing enjoyed the same type of stuff as me, which was a big thing I said to myself when I was looking for a girlfriend, she's into the History Channel, hockey, and MMA. I told my ex, I wasn't interested(she was with someone else) and she keeps trying to see if there's still hope, which there isn't. Life doesn't move backwards and neither was I going too. She is still trying to make advances to me, just through songs and my friends. I am now happily engaged and 10x better than I ever was when with her. My friends like my fiancé, they didn't like my ex. If I dropped my fiancé when my ex wanted me back, my ex and I wouldn't have worked out because I had already started a routine that I was in love with. I was working out every day, hanging with friends and watching MMA, which she hated. We are both better off with our lives separate rather than together.
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 02:07 PM

You're on your way no looking back, there is no future living in the past bro

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

My boyfriend wants one week space. How do I get him back? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend wants one week space.how will I get him back?

Giving her space.and hopefully getting her back [ 11 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for 2 ˝ years, I am 26 and have been in two serious relationships before her. She is 21 and has been in one serious relationship before me. Last month I came home from a business trip and she tells me that she wants to break up. She says that the last six months have...

Wanted Space then he went back to his ex in a week [ 1 Answers ]

My live in boyfriend moved out on 10/5/07. I asked him to. I needed space. Just to detach myself from his ex. She was so mean to him. Well a week later he tells me him and his ex are going to give it another shot. They spent a lot of time together over the weekend and the kids loved it. Now I am...

She wants space but says she is coming back? [ 167 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for over 3 years and everything has been great but this last month. I was her first serious relationship and we had a great time traveled the world together. With in the last year she moved about 4 hours away for work so we haven't seen as much of each other....

View more questions Search