Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t_r Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Apr 26, 2009, 06:06 PM
    Boyfriend's Stepmother and her new baby girl
    I am going to my boyfriend's dads house soon, for the weekend.
    This will be the third time meeting them.
    His wife has just had a baby girl a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering what questions would be appropriate to ask?
    I am interested and I want that to show - but usually I freeze up and don't know what to say. I just end up standing there; smiling like an idiot. It's strange, I know.
    I'm not used to children; seeing as I am the youngest in my family and haven't had a real lot of time around children.
    I want to keep in mind questions that would make her happy to answer, and make me seem interested without them thinking that I want one for myself! I am only 18. :)

Any suggestions would be lovely.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Apr 27, 2009, 10:38 AM

Why not just tell her you are not used to being around young children, and ask if you can hold the baby? Or help feed/change the baby with the mothers help of course. Just be honest with her... tell her you have never been around such a young child, but would like to help/learn what it is like.
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Apr 27, 2009, 02:18 PM

You can ask her how she came up with the name for the baby? Who she thinks the baby most looks like. Don't be afraid to tell her that you have not been around a lot of children.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 02:29 PM

As the others here have suggested,be up front about your lack of knowledge.People appreciate that type of humility.

Let her know ,you do not want to be treated like a guest and sympathize with the fact that she must be tired.

Try to pitch in and maybe do some laundry or make some meals.I am sure she would love the help.
    t_r Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Apr 27, 2009, 07:06 PM

Okay, thank you for the suggestions!
    Sounds good. Not only would she be tired, but she has a 2 year old and a 4year old to look after.
    Usually when my boyfriend and I are there, we take them off her hands so she can rest.
    They are a handful, let alone a new born baby!

I guess it will be fine. No harm in being honest, right?
    It's going to be a new experience spending the weekend with all those children! Hehe.

Thank you for the help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to have a baby girl [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I want to have a baby, but we really want to have a baby girl. I've done some research and one of the things that I've learned is for the girl not to climax. Does this mean at all or just when penetration from my husband occurs? And if you know of any other ways that will help us...

Is it a baby girl [ 1 Answers ]

I am 19 weeks pregnant. My recent ultrasound sonography was a targeted scan. It showed development of various parts of the baby. In one section, it shows "right uterine artery" and "left uterine artery". Does this mean it is a baby girl. I am scared to ask my doc.

My boyfriend's past - he got an 18 year old girl pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I am 40 years old and my boyfriend is 39. We've been dating since November and I love him very much. He is sweet and caring, but I can't get passed the fact that he has a three year old baby with a 21 year old girl. He met her when he was 36 and she was 17, got her pregnant when she was 18 and...

Should I make amends with my boyfriend's baby mother [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to make amends with her because I'm a lover not a fighter soooo I myspaced her a message saying we should act like civil adults and that our only concern should be the health and well being of the children.that we don't have to be friends and that I'm aware that he and she have to...

Boyfriend's bm won't let him see his baby [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a daughter about a year and a half old by another women. Around 8 years ago, though, he had sex with someone he thought was over-age and found out after they split up (they had been "dating") that she was underage. After the split up she said that the sex had not been consensual...

View more questions Search