Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hazel13 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Taken my dog to the vet
    I have two chihuahuas and my parents hadn't taken them to the vet for 2 years and I'm getting worried. My parents say they don't have time. How can I convince them to take my 2 chihuahuas to the vet? Me, my brother and my aunt yesterday saw a movie called Quarrantina. It was about people getting rabies. It was a scary movie. Then I thought about my dogs getting rabies and it worried me. I don't really know what to do. I hate knowing something bad and not doing anything about it.

Any good suggestions:confused::confused:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 04:05 PM

Report your parents to the humane society, they'll remove the dogs and make sure they get the necessary vet care that they require.

Your parents are responsible for the care of these animals, that's what they agreed to when they brought these dogs into their home.

Immunizations are not a recommendation they are a must.

Tell them that they need to make the time because the dogs can't go by themselves.

Sorry if I'm harsh, I just hate hearing of people that don't give their animals the care they deserve.

I realize that you don't have much say in it, and the fact that you're here asking this question shows that you care about your dogs.

How old are you? Is there any way you can get them to the vet?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 12:49 AM

If your parents aren't keen to take the dogs to the vet tell them how much it will cost to treat these dogs when they get a serious illness that could have been prevented due to vaccinations.
    Might change their tune a bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search