Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JBENJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 03:42 PM
    A friend want to come to the usa to visit from ghana
    My friend want to travel to america from ghana, they have been told that there is a declaration fee to travel, is this true?? If yes what is the minimum and maximum amount to travel to the usa??
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Apr 26, 2009, 04:23 PM
    Declaration fee to travel is a scam don't waste your money .
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 06:08 PM

There is none and the visa and passport is very small.

Ghana is well known for their "dating" scams where people ask you for 1000's of dollars for visas and passports, then declaration fees of 1000's of dollars, then of course the passport gets stolen or they have to bribe, it keeps going till your money is gone.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 26, 2009, 07:03 PM

There is no such fee. Your friend has to go through normal procedures, applies for visitor's visa at the US consulate, pays US$131 for application fee.. and that's all.

Ghana is well known for scam as bad as Nigeria. Please read: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/visas-...ud-288039.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghana Citizen Declaration Fee to Visit USA [ 5 Answers ]

Would some one know the proper amount of the Declaration Fee Note for a Ghanaian Citizen to leave Accra and visit the USA, Ga. For a period of approximatley 60 days. The Passport and Visa has been issued and the flight ticket has been purchased. But I was told that the Declaration Fee to exit...

How to get her from Ghana [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend lives in Ghana. I want to get her to the United States. What steps do we need to do to expedite this trip?

Girlfriend in ghana [ 5 Answers ]

Hello fellow members, I have a friend in ghana that wants to come to america and get married. Supposedly she is single and living with parents and not a scammer. Already purchased passport and sent copy to me but still not trusting all the info coming from her. Is there a way that I can verify...

View more questions Search