Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flameruckus Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Cosine and sine
    If you add Cosēθ + Sinēθ does it equal 1? How do you prove it?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 12:56 PM

Yes, it does equal one.

There are a number of ways to do it. The easiest that I know of is to use a unit circle with center on the origin of a cartesian coordinate system. Draw a right triangle from the origin to any point on the unit circle. From the definition of sine and cosine, figure out the lengths of the sides. Use the Pythagorean theorem to prove that

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=prove+that+...%5E2+%3D+1&l=1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Sine and Cosine Rules [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! =) I have tried to solve this question for a long time now, but I'm still not able to solve it =S Can you guys pllease help me? =) THANKS =) Mary and Jane were standing one behind the other, 2,3 m apart, each holding one of the two strings of a kite flying directly in front of them. The...

Amplitude and Period of sine and cosine functions.graphing.anyone? [ 1 Answers ]

I have no clue how to do this. I am new on this site also. I have 11 assignments to do dealing with this kind of stuff... can anyone help?:confused:

Graphing amplitude and period of sine and cosine functions! [ 1 Answers ]

How do I graph amplitude and period of sine and cosine functions? I know how to find the amp. And per. but I cannot figure out how to put it on a graph!

How do I do amlplitude/period of sine/cosine functions [ 1 Answers ]

how do i do? Amlplitude and period of sine and cosine functions y=-1/3sin(2x) (if u can put a graph for me and explain it)

View more questions Search