Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    owenk Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Depressed over Ex, now i have no one
    My boyfriend of whom I was with since 18 now 22 has split up with me and I feel so down an depressed, everything reminds me of him and I am constantly crying, I feel so stupid.

We have split a few times in the past but now I know its for good, and its really getting me down, I just don't know what to do with myself.

I keep comparing everybody to him, because I know I will never ever find anyone like him and I have lost the love of my life for good.

I can't sleep and I'm either over eating or not at all, I just can't control myself my emotions or anything, what's worse is I have no one to talk to, he was my best mate and I have never been so close to anyone like that in my life, no one wants to listen and no body cares, but he did.

I just don't know how to carry on with my life, I spend days in bed thinking about everything and what no longer is, I don't know what to do

x.x
    clarkeyy boii Posts: 1, Reputation: -3

Apr 26, 2009, 10:59 AM

Find him ask him did he love you and if he said I did not love you that a lie but do not tell him that argee with him sort thing out between u 2
    I he dose not reply with you forget him he gone your not getting him but so... go out there and rube it in he face that you got somebody else you can love he will soon run bk for you and say no I gave you your change and you blow it but if you what him bk take him bk but he will break your heart again
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Apr 29, 2009, 10:30 AM

Relationship break ups are hard, it's a time when you lose yourself, your emotions are like a roller coaster and something has changed in your life.

The only advice that I can give is that you need to keep strong, I know you feel that know one knows your pain, but trust me we do. You have to remember that everything happens for a reason and life goes on.

You need to keep yourself busy, find activities that you like to do, start to eat a balanced healthy diet and get plenty of sleep. Also I think NC is needed so you can heal your heart.
    Winsor Newton Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2009, 10:50 AM

Awww... the end of a long term relationship is TERRIBLE! I've been there and at the time it was the most awful thing I have ever felt in my life.

It will subside though. There's one constant that every moment is working to help you and that's Time. Right now it's so new and so fresh that feeling terrible is natural. If you got to cry do it. Just know that what you're feeling is normal and nearly everyone around you has or will feel this way at sometime, it's totally human.

Now to get over it and move on quicker, that's where the fun begins. This is what I did and it helped me sooo much and I'm now a more amazing person than I was previously. Go do something! Exercise is the best for this sort of thing. Exercise releases endorphins which will actually alter your mood and make you happy. It's a guarantee to help you out and combat depression so give it a whirl. Just going for a run with suffice.

You're single now, so what can you find time to do that you might not have been able to do previously? Whatever that is, you should do it. My breakup afforded me the time to take more classes in school and now I have a sweet job because of it. I'm also in better shape, lol. If you can't talk to someone you need a distraction that will also help you.

Whatever you do don't forget that all your friends you've yet to meet and all your friends who will listen to you and love you are waiting for you in the future. One foot in front of the other, take your time and come say hello =]
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

May 2, 2009, 12:57 AM

IAm so sorry for all the pain your in I sadly have been where your at. If you are not sleeping and still having some problems maybe talk to some one or if it gets real bad you might want to visit your DR. Keep telling yourself this to shall pass, that's the truth things will get that is a promise. THere is some great advise here (Excluding the first answer) just listen we have all been through this. One things that helped for me after my divorce was a journal I got out all those nasty feeling It felt so good I still do it to this day. I wish the best for you.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 07:23 AM

Relationship break ups are no different to grieving for a loved one. And it’s a process you just have to go through, there are no short cuts. You are wrong when you say you have no one, you have yourself. And you can be your own best friend or your own worst enemy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2009, 07:34 AM

IT is very hard, but you are correct you will not find someone like him, you will find someone better, someone who will return your love and be true and share your life
    owenk Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2009, 04:32 AM

Thanks for all your advice its really helped, and I've joined a gym and takeing yoga classes and I feel like myself again, I do still think about him, but I've realised I don't need him, he was only bringing me down.

Thanks Guys

x.x.x
    danpedraza Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2009, 08:38 AM

Go biking it works wonders. Whatever you do never try to get involved in a so called rebound relationship. In other words never try to rush into another relationship because only disaster awaits you. What's wonderful about life is that there is someone out there for all of us jusy be yourself and all will be good.

Dan p. LCSWR
    NYS Licensed Psychotherapist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you think I am depressed? Should I see someone about this? [ 12 Answers ]

well. I think I might be depressed. I don't know. I have felt like this for quite a while now. I've been feeling very "alone" lately. I started feeling this way towards the end of April and into may. I feel almost disconnected from everyone else. I feel like my friends are slipping from me and that...

I'm really depressed [ 9 Answers ]

I have had depression on and off since I was about 15.. when I was a teenager I was diagnosed with manic depression and was prescribed to 3 prozacs a day. It really helped me for a long time and eventually I stopped taking them. Every once in a while I would feel sad and depressed and cut myself. I...

Depressed [ 6 Answers ]

Am I going crazy? Or am I just plain depressed? Why don't I feel happy? Why am I yelling and hurting my boyfriend who is so loving at me? Why can't I control my tears? I'm desperate for a break through. I feel helpless towards my condition. Why am I turning down so many good job offers? I...

Depressed after one day? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bought a Boarder Collie X Lab and she is only 9 weeks old. My sister was having her wedding and since the whole family was either in the wedding party or parent of the bride no one would be home from 7am - 2am. I did not want to leave the dog in the kennel all day so I wanted to leave...

Depressed mom [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have been married for 4 years and has 2 beautiful children. After giving birth to my 2 kids,I have this big tummy and my butt becomes flat that I'm so shy of wearing fit pants. What will I do to have a lage butt and flat tummy. Help me please.:o

View more questions Search