Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    divot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 06:51 AM
    Lateral knee pain; stiffness behind knee
    I'm an active 51 year old tennis player and golfer. I tore my medial meniscus in January and elected to rehab vs surgery. Now 3 months later pain has moved laterally and I'm getting stiffness behind my knee. MRI showed meniscus tear in posterior horn inferior and a small Baker's cyst. Treatment so far has been RICE, physio, exercises, stretching, ITB massage and message. Any thoughts on how to relieve stiffness behind knee? Thank you.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Apr 26, 2009, 07:12 AM

Have you tried pain relieving gels? Bio freze is a good one. I think you can probably order it from the internet. It is similar to icy hot and bengay, but it is a gel and works better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lateral knee pain [ 2 Answers ]

recently my dad exercised on the elipitical for 40 minutes and following this particular exercise session felt extreme knee pain when kneeling/squatting. On a scale of 0-10 (0=no pain/10=excruiating pain) he said the pain was about an 8 or a 9. the pain is sharp and increases so that its almost...

Knee pain [ 2 Answers ]

I've always had slight knee pain every once in a while but recently I've developed a sharp pain under my knee cap. The pain comes with extending my leg. Skiing is a probable cause. Walking upstairs often hurts. What are some probable causes/treatments?

Knee pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have burning behind my knee I do excersise cross trainer and bike riding could I have damaged something and what do I do to help the symptons

Knee pain [ 1 Answers ]

I’m 7 weeks into a knee injury. I fell from 3 feet up on top of a wood bench going through the seating part catching my leg in the frame clipping my knee just below the kneecap and hyper extending as I rolled at the same time. I had a mri and x-rays at 4 weeks and was told that the lcl and meniscus...

View more questions Search