Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedofhelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2006, 08:41 PM
    One toilet drains into another
    We live in a house with a toilet upstairs and another down when we flush the upstairs one the downstairs one overflows can anyone please help me with this problem?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 20, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedofhelp
    we live in a house with a toilet upstairs and another down when we flush the upstairs one the downstairs one overflows can anyone plz help me with this problem??

You have a blockage downstream from the downstairs toilet. The line must be snaked and cleared. You have two options, (1) Pull the downstairs toilet and snake from the open closet bend-or-(2) go on the roof and snake from the downstairs lavatory roof vent. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Drains slow [ 24 Answers ]

A few days ago my toilet started draining slow. When I flush, the toilet fills up, and then slowly drains. To get solid matter to go down I have to flush 3-5 times. I first tried a plunger, which did not work. I then tried a closet auger, which did not work. So, I disconnected the toilet and...

Toilet drains slow due to cleanout? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have got an issue with a toilet that is draining slow. It seems to have started after I capped a cleanout access upline to the toilet. Is this possilbe? I haven't tried to uncap the access, but there is a vent between the cap and the toilet drain. It is a new toilet, and before I...

Toilet sucks air when washer drains [ 6 Answers ]

My house is approx 5 years old. Had basement (walkout) plumbing roughed in. Was carefully inspected for design, but somebody could have dumped concrete down a vent pipe for all I know. There are two vent pipes for the downstairs bath - one between the toilet and shower, one between toilet and...

Connecting additional drains to a toilet drain [ 6 Answers ]

I'm installing a 2nd bathroom back to back with the present bathroom. I have a toilet drain and wish to connect a 2nd toilet to it as well as a new shower drain. The 2nd toilet will be 3 feet from the present toilet and the new shower drain will be 5 feet from the present toilet. Anything special I...

Toilet Drains Slow in Basement [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. My toilet in the basement will not flush if a moderate amount of water has been used. Example is if me and my significant both take a shower and I do a load of laundry the toilet will not flush. It fills to the rim and then slowly drains. I have had the sewer line cleaned out to...

View more questions Search