Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lwatkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 10:02 PM
    Kids and having her fathers name on her birth cirtifcate
    I have a friend who hasn't put the name of her child father on the birth cirtifcate and she wants to know if she can have her fiance's name put on the birth cirtifcate since the child's father has nothing to do with her.
    Melanie1259 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 10:15 PM

I don't believe your allowed to do that. And just saying if your marriage doesn't work out you can't collect child support from the real father.
    logicalthinker Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 10:59 PM

You should check the family law board. There are a lot of threads with regards to this question. I believe in some states you can actually be arrested for doing this. If the father ever chose to contest it she could get in a lot of trouble. Again, in some states, he would only have a certain amount of time to contest it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I add my fathers name to my birth certificate? [ 4 Answers ]

My mother never put my fathers name on my birth certificate. (nice one mom) I found him a couple of years ago and met him for the first time and it was great and blah blah blah and he's OK with me putting his name on it, but I have no idea where to start. What do I need to get from him to do this?...

Fathers name on birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get my name on my sons birth certificate with out the mother being present in cobb county ga?

Fathers name on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Through DNA, my brother is the father of the child. At birth the mother did not put his name on the birth certificate because she did not know if he would step up and take responsibility. I'm proud to say, yes he has and doing an fantastic job. The child is now two years old and my brother was...

Birth Certicate Fathers name [ 3 Answers ]

When I was 9 my stepfather adopted my brother and I. My mother was married to him for 35 years and last year he divorced her. Many years ago my brother took his real last name back and recently I have also, I would also like to get my birth certificate to reflect my real fathers name also. He is...

View more questions Search