Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    What "unifier" means in the REAL world, is that Obama has politely invited your side to "unify" itself with the correct side. Of course, your side said no. That's why it's disintegrating.
    Politely? Did you miss the link I just posted about him allegedly threatening to sic the White House press corps on private investors that don't take his Chrysler proposals and like it?

Did you miss where he told us basically to get over it because "we won?"

Are you clueless as to Rahmbo Emmanuel? He makes Karl Rove look like a field mouse. "Rahm wants it" is the official White House phrase.

Did you miss that one of his first acts was to stick his finger in the eye of pro-lifers like me?

It's like we used to say about Bush, watch what he does not what he says. What he says sounds good, what he does has nothing to do with unifying the country and I don't consider it "polite" to expect me to abandon my principles so I can be on his side.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

May 4, 2009, 09:46 AM
    [quote=excon;1710979]Hello El:

Of course, we see it differently. I see reality. You're dreamin. The problem here, is the opposition is destroying itself and blaming Obama.

Another problem is you guys think "unifier" means adopting at least SOME of your totally repudiated right wing viewpoints... I have NO idea where you dreamed THAT up.{/quote]

That seems to have been the definition of bi-partisanship that was dreamed up by the left while Bush was in office... they blamed him for not being "bi-partisan" (meaning that he didn't accept their totally repudiated left-wing viewpoints). They complained bloody hell when he didn't do what they wanted. Seems to me that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If that is their definition of bi-partisanship and unification, they ought to be following the same definition when WE use it.

Not that I expect Obama to be a unifier of ANYTHING during his time in office.

What "unifier" means in the REAL world, is that Obama has politely invited your side to "unify" itself with the correct side. Of course, your side said no. That's why it's disintegrating.
    That's why what's disintegrating?

And we didn't say "no". I seem to remember Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid making sure that Republicans never got any input on the Stimulus Bill. Heck, they didn't even give anyone time to read the damn thing. There has been no "unification". This has been a one-party administration from day one, and it will remain so until at least January 2011. We'll see in November 2010 what happens after that.

excon

PS> You should be happy about one thing. Obama has supported Bush in not letting the detainees have habeas corpus.

That's BIG. You should be kissing Obama's butt.
    Why? Why should I be "kissing Obama's butt" when all he is doing is what every other President in our history has done. What bothers me is that he even contemplated NOT doing it.

Elliot
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    It's like we used to say about Bush, watch what he does not what he says. What he says sounds good, what he does has nothing to do with unifying the country and I don't consider it "polite" to expect me to abandon my principles so I can be on his side.
    Bush isn't really a good example. What he said sounded sh1t, and what he actually did was sh1t!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 5, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Of course. He is going to be the great unifier the same way that Fundamentalist Islam is the great unifier... "Do it my way or else."

Genghis Kahn was a unifier too... He killed all his enemeis. "He created a desert and called it peace." After that, everyone was unified.

I'm not saying that Obama is planning on killing anyone or using force to get his way (at least not yet). But his idea of unification is to get rid of the oposition, which makes him no different from any other despotic "unifier".

Elliot
    Yep that is why Obama is talking about that GIVE organization of youth
    They will be trying to 'reprogram' us that do not go along with HIS program.
    He wants Grids and some sort of GPS type thing set up at each house before 2010.
    Its go along with the program or else!
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

May 11, 2009, 04:32 PM

Obama's first 100 days have been a failure. He has failed to restore what he destroyed during the campaign.

How many times during his race for office did he say that the economy is the worst since the great depression? It becama a mantra and it also became a self-fulfilling prophecy.

What is the single most important thing to our economy?

I submit that it is CONFIDENCE.

When the public has confidence, the economy runs pretty well and will come out of the downsides if fairlly shor order. When the public does NOT have confidence, the economy flounders.

My son, a tool and die maker, has found this to be true. Laid off due to lack of work, he found several prospective employers who would like to hire him EXCEPT they are afraid to make any moves because of what this administration may do to them in the way of additional taxes or controls.

Until Obama finds a way to fix what he broke, the economy will continue to lag.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 03:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    He wants Grids and some sort of GPS type thing set up at each house before 2010.
    Why, is the house on the move? Lol!
    The things people believe without understanding is priceless!

May 12, 2009, 02:03 PM

Here's another Obama failure (so far).

I heard him claim during the campaign that he would unify the country.

If he has appointed any conservative to any post in his administration, I missed it.

He has gone on a tour to apologize to just about everyone on the planet on our behalf.

He has reached out to various dictators .

But he has not reached out to those who cling to their Bibles and their guns, preferring to ridiucule those working, tax paying, God fearing, Constitution honoring Americans.
    FlutterBye Posts: 13, Reputation: -1

Sep 27, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Well, now that the first 100 days of You Know Who's Administration is just about upon us I would like to pose a question to everyone here.

I can think of at least several dozen things this person has done WRONG since January 21, 2009 but can anyone here name

Anything he's done right so far?

A minimum of 10 things that he's done right and I'll shut up and got sit down. I'm personally having a hard time coming up with even one thing.

Oh, ms. twinky dinky... maybe you should sit down and take note of YOUR stance on government assistance, tax-payer programs! After all, President Obama's going to make it easier for EVERYONE to take advantage of these programs! I CAN"T wait until you have your "poll" on how EVERYONE is entitled to these programs! Let's ALL give twinky dinky a great big hand! Yeah!

Sep 28, 2009, 12:34 PM

So far, no one has put forth anything like 10 things that Obama has done right.

He HAS surrounded himself with czars who are retread revolutionaries from the 60's and their goal is the same now as it was then.

They want to destroy the machinery that made this nation the greatest in history.

That just has to be some form of insanity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I started my period 2 days after unprotected sex, It only lasted 2 1/2 days. [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've already asked if I could be pregnant because I started my period only 2 days after having sex. I've gotten feed back and that reassured me, but the weird thing is my period only lasted 2 days. I started on Tuesday morning and by late thursdy night I was already finished, which isn't...

Started because pack 2 days late, and I now have my period 15 days later [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I was meant to start my first pill of my new pack Monday, march 16th. However I did not pick up my prescription until Tuesday night and so I started the pack Wednesday the 18th at my regular time. Usually when I forget a pill for a few hours I only bleed a little that same day, and then it...

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

View more questions Search