Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 09:25 AM

My grandmom is 87 and uses her Ipod I bought her 2 years ago everyday when she goes for her walks. She even downloads music from Itunes.

It is a real shame that you are so ignorant about things. Seniors can't work technology, people don't get paid the same because they can't negotiate salaries, hybrids get plugged in.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Apr 29, 2009, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Anything he's done right so far?
    Seven right off the top of my head...

He currently has managed not to initiate any new unnecessary wars (time will tell). The go green campaign is still in full swing. Detroit auto makers have to have their ducks in a row before any handouts, and the idea that bailouts come with some oversight since using our money was reintroduced. Awaiting patent, the Charter Arms company (an American firearms company) will be coming out with new rimless revolvers, spurred on by the anxiety of losing our semi-automatics. My parents will receive an extra $250 check for social security. You can take advantage of purchasing a house and receiving 8K credit towards taxes next year, or pocket the cashola if you have it coming back. There are millions of African-American children with hope that they can accomplish the highest seat in the land, the U.S. office of presidency.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Apr 29, 2009, 09:39 AM
    Hi, Bobby, long time no speak.

Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM View Post

He currently has managed not to initiate any new unnecessary wars (time will tell).
    The question is what he DID, not what he didn't do.

The go green campaign is still in full swing.
    This is a good thing... why?

Detroit auto makers have to have their ducks in a row before any handouts, and the idea that bailouts come with some oversight since using our money was reintroduced.
    You mean like the $26 billion he handed GM in February with no strings attached? You mean that oversite?

Awaiting patent, the Charter Arms company (an American firearms company) will be coming out with new rimless revolvers, spurred on by the anxiety of losing our semi-automatics.
    That's not something Obama did. That's something being done DESPITE Obama.

My parents will receive an extra $250 check for social security.
    And in doing so, he's bankrupting Social Security for future generations. Brilliant.

You can take advantage of purchasing a house and receiving 8K credit towards taxes next year, or pocket the cashola if you have it coming back.
    Great... so now more people who can't afford houses are going to buy them anyway. Isn't incentivizing home ownership for people who can't afford them what got us into this mess in the first place?

There are millions of African-American children with hope that they can accomplish the highest seat in the land, the U.S. office of presidency.
    That has yet to be seen. If he turns out to be as miserable a President as I think he is going to be, it may very well end the chances of any other African Americans being elected for decades to come.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 10:02 AM
    Detroit auto makers have to have their ducks in a row before any handouts
    Like giving the UAW 40 percent ownership of GM and the feds taking half for themselves?

Apr 29, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Hi, Bobby, long time no speak.
    What's up? The Yankees are ripping my heart out and killing me. Thankfully they stopped the bleeding with Hughes on the mound yesterday. I plan on going to a game next season and hopefully it will be a winner. I've been busy with family and trying to keep my job. Good news is that work has been busier lately. We had huge poker tournament last week. After the editing process is done you'll see it on TV in a few weeks.

The question is what he DID, not what he didn't do.
    And to be counted as a positive. In this case that's a good thing. I don't think we need more on our plate.

This is a good thing... why?
    If for no other reason it's causing industrial growth in new areas. Not that I'm on the green bandwagon, but I do think a cleaner environment is a good thing and having a few more people employed is relevant.

You mean like the $26 billion he handed GM in February with no strings attached? You mean that over site?
    Yup. It was brought to our attention. And I do think the repercussions for large corporate CEO's is forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Like giving the UAW 40 percent ownership of GM and the feds taking half for themselves?
    Yes. Steve, 40% of 27 million. Percentage wise they lost nothing. In other words the UAW percentage of ownership remained just about the same. Actually the UAW came out ahead by 800K.

That's not something Obama did. That's something being done DESPITE Obama.
    We had eight years under the last admin in a stale limited firearm market. We now will have the rimless 9mm, 40, and .45 calibers. Personally I want the 9mm since it will also fire the .380 cartridge.

And in doing so, he's bankrupting Social Security for future generations. Brilliant.
    No, no, no. For heavens sakes it's a one time check for $250 for the elderly.

Great... so now more people who can't afford houses are going to buy them anyway. Isn't incentives home ownership for people who can't afford them what got us into this mess in the first place?
    Correct. Many people have just filed bankruptcy and had their houses foreclosed on. However, for those of us that have budgeted and can maintain having a job (income) the program is there to our advantage.

That has yet to be seen. If he turns out to be as miserable a President as I think he is going to be, it may very well end the chances of any other African Americans being elected for decades to come.
    Personally I think that it has more to do with shear numbers of minority growth and shifting of population, but if failures due to race was an issue we wouldn't have any more white candidates elected president either.

PS. When you have the time check the Judaism board.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Apr 29, 2009, 11:49 AM

. You can take advantage of purchasing a house and receiving 8K credit towards taxes next year, or pocket the cashola if you have it coming back. There are millions of African-American children with hope that they can accomplish the highest seat in the land, the U.S. office of presidency.
    The credit is available only to first time home buyers.

I think it would do the housing economy if this were applied to ALL home buyers, maybe $3000 instead of $8000. I am in a situation where, I would buy a home if my current home sells. In speaking to many real estate agents this is more common a problem than the lack of "property virgins" not buying .

Yes, Obama debunks the myth that in America only rich white men have power. There is no longer "the man" to blame. :rolleyes:
    It does give hope to the ever increasing number of children raised in single parent homes :)

G&P
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 02:24 PM

The Yankees are ripping my heart out and killing me. Thankfully they stopped the bleeding with Hughes on the mound yesterday. I plan on going to a game next season and hopefully it will be a winner
    Didn't know you were a Yanks fan .

I have tix for Sunday v the Angels in the nose bleed section (I think Huges comes up in the rotation again Sunday)and good seat for a June game against the Rays.

Apr 29, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    The credit is available only to first time home buyers.

I think it would do the housing economy if this were applied to ALL home buyers, ,maybe $3000 instead of $8000. I am in a situation where, I would buy a home if my current home sells. In speaking to many real estate agents this is more common a problem than the lack of "property virgins" not buying .

Yes, Obama debunks the myth that in America only rich white men have power. There is no longer "the man" to blame. :rolleyes:
    It does give hope to the ever increasing number of children raised in single parent homes :)

G&P

I couldn't agree more. This has been a horrific nightmarish awakening for many families. My sister-in-law just went through one disaster after another. Off the subject a bit, but she seems only to come to me for advice after the damage is done. Then I get to help clean the mess as much as possible.

BTW it's not your first home purchased ever under the program guidelines, which seems to be a common misunderstanding that much of the public believes. Actually first time home buyers is defined as not having owned a home in the past three years and your income under a certain amount. I forget the exact number. Fortunately for myself I sold my home approx four years ago. So a purchase over 80K gives a credit of 8K, and anything less is 10 percent. In other words, if you found a great deal and you agreed to purchase a condo, lets say for 70K, and haven't owned a single home dwelling in the past three years then you qualify for 7K.

Apr 29, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    didn't know you were a Yanks fan .

I have tix for Sunday v the Angels in the nose bleed section (I think Huges comes up in the rotation again Sunday)and good seat for a June game against the Rays.

I'm a huge Yankee fan. I'm not sure about this new stadium though. Wang and Marte are useless, and so far I can't say the money spent for Sabathia was worth it. It's NYC in baseball and D'Boys in football. Although my early childhood I spent rooting for the Jets because my hero then was Joe Namath.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 04:40 PM
    I am quite sure she appreciates music. But she wouldn't know what the heck to do with an ipod, and wouldn't be able to use one effectively if she did.

Elliot
    Completely wrong Elliot. In fact she had already previously bought an iPod at the urging of her son Andrew. In fact the Queen loves the iPod and "was impressed by how small and handy the iPod is".

So your right, sort of. It probably was a thoughtless gift. But not because she couldn't use it. But because she already had one.

Keep up Elliot. That's old news. They mustn't have reported in Fox.

Barack Obama gives the Queen an iPod - Articles - MP3 Players - Digital Life
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Well besides giving the queen a new iPod and DVD's in the wrong format to the British PM, failing to get more combat troops from NATO for Afghanistan, watching as the Taliban moves within 70 miles of Islamabad and the Norks launch a long-range missile, telling the Europeans we don't understand multiparty democracy, giving the Russians an embarrassingly mislabeled "reset" button, bowing to the Saudi king and hoping Ortega wouldn't blame him for things that happened when he was 3 years old during his worldwide apology tour, Obama's foreign policy is off to a booming start in his first 100 days. They've even managed to visit the country of Texas.

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Maybe they took Rick Perry seriously ?:D
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    maybe they took Rick Perry seriously ?:D
    Looking at the dates it might be the other way around. Maybe Texas can eventually become the 59th state of Obamaland?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Maybe Texas can eventually become the 59th state of Obamaland?
    Hello speech:

We're going to call it Obama-rama-land, if you don't mind. And, you Texans can fend for yourselves. Tell Rick Perry don't let the door hit him in the a$$.

excon
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Well, now that the first 100 days of You Know Who's Administration is just about upon us I would like to pose a question to everyone here.

I can think of at least several dozen things this person has done WRONG since January 21, 2009 but can anyone here name

Anything he's done right so far?

A minimum of 10 things that he's done right and I'll shut up and got sit down. I'm personally having a hard time coming up with even one thing.
    He's only a human being and he came into office facing a goliath size load of problems, he can only do so much, people need to be patient and realistic the disaster that was left for him will not be fixed overnight.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello speech:

We're gonna call it Obama-rama-land, if you don't mind. And, you Texans can fend for yourselves. Tell Rick Perry don't let the door hit him in the a$$.

excon
    OK, Obama-rama-land it is. I think I've already told Perry that before by the way. If I didn't I sure have thought it. :D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 12:37 PM

Hello again:

The Leader of Obama-Rama-Land, and his faithful disciple.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 01:00 PM
    Good one, ex. Looks like he's walking on water with a swagger to me.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Good one, ex. Looks like he's walking on water with a swagger to me.
    Funny you say swagger speech. I tuned into the press conference last night and thought to myself as he was walking up to the podium, Man he really has a swagger to his walk.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Funny you say swagger speech. I tuned into the press conference last night and thought to myself as he was walking up to the podium, Man he really has a swagger to his walk.
    Aha, and here we thought the swagger left on Jan. 20th.

More on the first 100 days... "As a result of its ownership of GM common stock, the U.S. Treasury will be able to elect all of our directors and to control the vote on substantially all matters brought for a stockholder vote." -from GM statement

We have:

• A Nationalized GM.
    • A government that refuses to allow banks to repay TARP funds
    • Pending legislation to allow the Feds to set salary levels of any business in which the Feds have a stake
    • A DHS concerned with "right-wing" extremists like soldiers
    • An administration that selectively releases classified information for political purposes
    • An administration attempting a takeover of the entire health care industry
    • Advancing "hate crimes" legislation that will criminalize unapproved thought
    • The coming Orwellian "mandatory" volunteerism
    • An administration terrorizing NY with low flying jets
    • An administration pushing a phase 5 panic over something milder than the average winter flu that's affecting .0003 percent of the population thus far
    • An administration frightening people about riding subways and airplanes
    • A media asking the tough questions like "What is it about the office that’s “enchanted” you?"

Yep, things sure have changed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I started my period 2 days after unprotected sex, It only lasted 2 1/2 days. [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've already asked if I could be pregnant because I started my period only 2 days after having sex. I've gotten feed back and that reassured me, but the weird thing is my period only lasted 2 days. I started on Tuesday morning and by late thursdy night I was already finished, which isn't...

Started because pack 2 days late, and I now have my period 15 days later [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I was meant to start my first pill of my new pack Monday, march 16th. However I did not pick up my prescription until Tuesday night and so I started the pack Wednesday the 18th at my regular time. Usually when I forget a pill for a few hours I only bleed a little that same day, and then it...

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

View more questions Search