Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marie327 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2006, 04:29 PM
    Kittens and fleas
    I have four kittens that have fleas and I don't know how to get rid of them.:( Can some one help me! Thank you
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2006, 03:51 AM
    You have many options. Head to your local pet supply store and get a collar and some flea treatment shampoo... and you have to treat your home too. Get bombs and fog the home real good.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Sep 24, 2006, 02:36 PM
    You can bath the kitten in warm anti-bacterial dish soap, all you need to do is drown the fleas and as you wash the little guy the fleas will make their way to his head simply pick off the few that make it there. Do not use anything to kill the fleas on the kitten as the kitten is to young, Make sure you pick up where the kitten was to try and remove the fleas from his bedding. Once the kitten is old enough you can buy flea control, (O: I hope this was some what helpful to you.
    trimmanfl Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 04:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by marie327
    I have four kittens that have fleas and i don't know how to get rid of them.:( Can some one help me! Thank you
    We live in Florida and have one 18 year old cat . Every year we always get fleas in the house . NOT THIS YEAR !
    A old country lady told us to get some 20 MULE TEAM BORAX laundry cleaner . Then just sprinkle it on the bedding, carpet ,sofa,doorways,etc.

I thought this was a joke . The fleas hate this stuff . It does not hurt carpet or anything else . I would wash all 4 kittens and cover the floor in this stuff . This is the first year in 18 with no fleas . Good Luck:)
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Nov 21, 2006, 06:47 PM
    PLEASE DO NOT BATH KITTENS in the Borax!!
    The 1 and only product that our vet clinic recommends is Revolution! It is the safest neurolocially, and can be broken down to even the tiniest kittens.
    Many OTC flea products can kill your kittens. Hartz is a product that I have seen personally kill many cats and kittens. It doesn't always kill the first time either.
    NatashasMum Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Ask your vet about advantage or frontline for your kittens. Most shampoos can cause more harm than good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fleas Treatment for 2 week old kittens [ 9 Answers ]

My New Cat had her Kittens - 4 cute little ones, :D My question is how can I treat them to prevent fleas. I had a Flea collar on the mother until a few day before her litter was born(she got it off) And I was advise to take it off, to make sure it didn't harm the litter I am not sure, but I...

My 3 week old kitten has fleas help! [ 10 Answers ]

Hiya my kittens have just caught fleas off a homeless cat I took in and because there so young I don't know what to do I hate fleas there horrible I've just done all my older cats with bobmartin back of the neck stuff but powders and things say not to be used until 12 weeks etc what can I use?...

My 2 week. Old kittens have fleas [ 17 Answers ]

My 2 week old kittens have fleas really bad and all the meds say they have to be 12 weeks to use on them. I'm desperate to do something before they end up dying. Can anyone help me. I'm afraid I don't have much time!:(

Yucky fleas! [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, my dog has fleas and I am in the works of getting rid of them. But it's grossing me out and I feel all yucky and I'm paranoid that they are on me & in my hair! I don't even want to go home! Can they live in my hair as well? What do I do? Yuck!:confused:

Fleas! [ 3 Answers ]

Home remedies for 12 week old beagle with fleas can't get rid of them. PLEASE HELP

View more questions Search