Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nobletat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 11:53 AM
    Kenmore Washer 70 Series doesn't go into spin cycle automatically
    I have a Kenmore top loading Washer (70 Series). Once the machine gets to the spin cycle the motor will kick on, the water will drain, but the machine won't spin. If you let it run it will continue with the cycle, and will enter the rinse cycle as normal, at the end of the wash cycle the clothes will be in a soaking heap at the bottom of the washer. If at any time during the spin cycle you open the lid, the motor will stop, you will hear a click, and once the lid is closed again the machine will spin as normal. What needs to be replaced?
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Apr 25, 2009, 06:29 PM

You need a new timer. This is a whirlpool design and it has what is called a neutral pump-out where the motor runs and the pump pumps the water out but the tub doesn't spin. The timer is supposed to stop the motor for a minute or two after the neutral pump-out. And then when it starts again the transmission goes into spin. That's why if you open the lid the lid switch stops the motor and thus the transmission shifts to spin. For some reason the timer contacts that shut the motor of for this part of the cycle are not opening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washer No Spin Cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore washer does everything except spin cycle. What can it be?

Kenmore 110 Series Washer Viberates voilently at spin cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a top loading 110 series Kenmore washer. I replaced its coupler and it was laying on its side for almost one week till that coupler arrived. I also tried to separate drum from coupler which was not successful. So I removed motor from bottom and replaced coupler. Now it works fine but...

Kenmore washer will not go into spin cycle [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore washer will no longer go into spin cycle not a new model but has been faithfull up to now

Spin cycle on Kenmore washer [ 1 Answers ]

There is a broken switch on the underside of my Kenmore washer preventing the spin cycle from working. How hard is this going to be to fix?

View more questions Search