Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    breezly2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Car jerking
    When driving at 60 mph the car seems to jerk like it is missing. When accelerating it is fine or when idoling it is fine. What should I check for.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 09:49 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...le-303903.html
    breezly2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 11:07 AM

The car is a 1999 chevy malibu with a 2.4lL engine.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 01:12 PM

Try replacing the spark plugs (ACDelco only) with the exact plugs that came in the car. Replace platinum plugs every 40,000 miles. If the problem persists, replace the coil packs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

.out of the blue, trembling and jerking. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old Jack Russell. She was outside, just a couple of hours ago, running, barking and playing with my other 2 dogs. Now, she is laying on the floor, her nose is bone dry, she is trembling and jerking. She can barely lift her head up and cannot stand up, without trembling and...

Why does my dog keep jerking [ 2 Answers ]

My basset hound keeps jerking all the time and falling over. She is also drinking a lot of water? What could be wrong with her?

Car is shuttering and jerking [ 1 Answers ]

Anybody, I have a 1986 Mercury Sable SW, I just got it and at first it seemed to drive OK, except a little jerking like problem shifting gears. About 1hr after driving it started shacking so bad the stering wheel almost pulled out of my hands, I stopped the car and checked and found a hard vacuum...

View more questions Search