Apr 25, 2009, 12:33 AM
    How to create a own website ?

How to create a own website??

Basic steps!!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 12:38 AM

Hi Lavanyaa,

To actually create a webpage take a lot of work and understanding of scripts.

There are programs such as Microsoft Frontpage that is an easy way to create webpages as you just add pictures and text as you would like them to be seen (no confusing coding)

There are also some great books and websites around that teach you how to do basic HTML scripting and coding.

Also, try a Google search for "free website templates" and there are many designs already set up for you, you just have to add your pictures and text.

Uploading your site:
    There are free hosting sites such as Yahoo! GeoCities: Get a free web site with easy-to-use site building tools

Or you can pay a fee and have your very own .com address
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

Apr 25, 2009, 12:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Hi Lavanyaa,

To actually create a webpage take a lot of work and understanding of scripts.

There are programs such as Microsoft Frontpage that is an easy way to create webpages as you just add pictures and text as you would like them to be seen (no confusing coding)

There are also some great books and websites around that teach you how to do basic HTML scripting and coding.

Also, try a google search for "free website templates" and there are many designs already set up for you, you just have to add your pictures and text.

Uploading your site:
    There are free hosting sites such as Yahoo! GeoCities: Get a free web site with easy-to-use site building tools

Or you can pay a fee and have your very own .com address

Thank you
    shazamataz

Is that I can create a website of free of cost and I should earn something from that
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 02:19 AM

I have my own website selling some of my products and I used the geocities site.
    If you se one of the free sites to promote a business or product it pays to advertise through some other sites.

For example, my site is about Pet Portraits so I used the free site hosting but I pay $8 a month to have my site advertised on a popular dog website.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 25, 2009, 05:02 AM

First creating your own website is not that difficult. There are many authoring tools, some even freeware that allow you to create a simple page.

The complexity comes depending on what you want to do with the page. You need to define that before we can truly help.
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    First creating your own website is not that difficult. There are many authoring tools, some even freeware that allow you to create a simple page.

The complexity comes depending on what you want to do with the page. You need to define that before we can truly help.
    Yes true, forgot to mention that some sites have their own page builders if you just want to make it basic :)

Apr 25, 2009, 07:08 AM
    I just need a web page created byself just for a people like blogs,communities spaces for solutions etc like a general web page rather business site

Apr 25, 2009, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lavanyaa View Post
    i just need a web page created byself just for a people like blogs,communities spaces for solutions etc like a general web page rather busines site
    Putting blogs, forums, cummunities on a WEB page is pretty complex because such things require interaction with a database. Such a site will also mean hosting it through a web host so its not longer free.

Apr 26, 2009, 01:39 AM

Thank you let me try out with these sites and I will try for creating my own site

Apr 26, 2009, 05:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lavanyaa View Post
    thank you let me try out with these sites and i will try for creating my own site
    All of those sites will allow you to create a simple NON-interactive site. Maybe some blogging capability.
    script171078 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 05:47 AM

You can find specific scripts ,you need to install them and you receive a web site that you want ,later you can change template of site and add some additional functions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Create 24 [ 3 Answers ]

Create 24 using 7,7,3,3 only once

Hi,it's about to create a web [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how to find on internet, one site that help people to create their own site web free.

Languages required to create a website [ 1 Answers ]

I am just begiiningto learn web designing. I want to create a website for my portfolio for a course company. I have knowledge in html and basic sql and perl. I am very eager to learn any other programming language or scripting language. Can u guide me as to which languages and graphic software...

View more questions Search