Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsfixit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2006, 06:40 AM
    Low water pressure outside faucet
    One outdoor faucet water pressure has decreased dramatically in the last month. Other two are fine. No new plumbing installations recently. Copper pipes. No leaks detected. Easy to access. Silcock looks to be 10 yrs old or less. House built in 1967. Sound like a new spigot or just a washer needed??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 19, 2006, 12:34 PM
    Turn the water off at the house stop. Now unscrew the bonnet packing nut, (see image) and back the stem and washer assembly out counterclockwise.
    Turn the water back on for a second to see if the supply's clear. There should be a full stream. Check the valve body to be sure it's clear and that the washer's intact and not worn out o9r cracked. Reassemble and see if it doesn't work better now. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure on kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I'm hoping that someone can help me on my issue because I am at my end! I recently replaced my kitchen faqucet with a Peerless, two handle faucet with sprayer. Since then my water pressure has been poor. I then took off the sprayer and capped the middle threaded outlet underneath but I still have...

Low water pressure from kitchen faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I turn on my hot or cold and just getting half of what I should have, I checked the aereator and it it OK, Fixture is 2 yrs old, hot and cold handles. I unscrewed top knob to take apart but could not unscrew the handle or cap. Help

Kitchen Faucet water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I replaced the kitchen faucet fixture in an apartment. The piping is old galvanized. We also replaced the supply lines and shut off valves. The supply lines are the new fangled flood proof lines that shut off automatically if the line is torn. The problem is we now have much reduced...

Hot Water Pressure- Kitchen Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The other day, we turned the kitchen faucet on and there was no hot water pressure all of a sudden... we just get a trickle. The water pressure in the rest of the house is fine (hot and cold) and the cold water comes out fine as well. Any ideas? Thanks!

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search