Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 04:30 PM
    Carburetor problems
    I have a 72 gmc pickup with a 350engine and a 4brl carb,the problem is that my carb is not getting any fuel but when I remove the fuel line from the carb it's full of fuel,and when it does run as I step on the gas it just bogs out,also while engine is off as I press the throttle I can see a strong stream of fuel coming out the jets.but when running no fuel comes out of the jets at all
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 04:46 PM

I don't know the vehicle, but the carb bowl is not venting.

Could be charcoal canister system, bowl vent etc.

If you loosen the gas cap it may improve. That isn't a permanent fix.
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    I don't know the vehicle, but the carb bowl is not venting.

Could be charcoal canister system, bowl vent etc.

If you loosen the gas cap it may improve. That isn't a permanent fix.
    While the engine is off fuel comes out the jets just fine but while running it won't
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 05:45 AM
    It sounds like you need that carb overhauled and cleaned in an ultra-sonic bath to clear the tiny passages that have likely become varnished over time.

When you step on the gas, the accelerator pumps gives a visible squirt of fuel to provide power, but when the engine is running at idle, little fuel is needed and often cannot be seen.

Find a shop that specializes in carburator work and have them check yours. Once finished, you should have plenty of power and performance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carburetor bogs out [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 72 gmc pickup truck with a 350eng and a edelbrock 1406 4brl carb.the problem I am having is while driving the fuel is getting to the carburetor but after about 20min it starts to cut off then it just cuts off,at first I thought there was air coming into the line from the gas tank to the...

Carburetor not getting fuel. [ 1 Answers ]

Can and how do you bypass anti-after fire solenoid?

Carburetor removal [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Weedeater brand lawnmower and I am trying to remove the carburetor to replace the diaphram, the local shop told me this would work. I have removed the 5 screws around it but is still won't come off. Am I missing something.

Carburetor ( spelling not to sure ) [ 5 Answers ]

How easy is it to either change or repair the carb on a tecumseh engine on a Murray snowblower?? just got the blower from someone and discovered tonight that it leaks like pretty badly. I have drained out the existing fuel and noticed there is a small spring on the underside of the carb that when I...

View more questions Search