Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lockhartlowcost Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 23, 2009, 01:31 PM
    Janitorial bidding
    I am in Fort Worth Tx, and I own a janitorial service. I am submitting a bid for a post construction clean up, and the building is about 93000 sqft. I may have under bid. Does anyone know the going rate, in Fort Worth for that kind of work?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 08:28 PM

My Building Service Company is in Chicago, IL. It is difficult to give you an easy answer Lock as obviously pricing varies considerably across the country.

Several things apply:

Is this a 'final clean?' (Meaning, are all the construction items; boxes, wood pieces, garbage, etc removed already?)

Is there any carpet cleaning involved?

Is there any window cleaning involved?

Are there any hard floors to be stripped and refinished (waxed)?

Do you have to provide any dumpsters?

Is there any detailed cleaning as in the kitchen area, the office areas, etc? How many washrooms are involved... they take much more detail.

Many other items to consider and they ALL influence pricing. And, you didn't state what type of building; offices, medical, warehouse, retail..

If you say that you may have 'under bid' this job, then you probably have... it's also your 'gut feel.' Mine is usually correct.

I may be wrong in this assessment but, your name 'Lockhartlowcost' may indicate your pricing polices... always being the low price may eventually put you out of business. We do a lot of 'value selling' and give a price that is fair and again appropriate and profitable. We are usually second when there are three bidders... but we sell the job, even in this economy. Now, that is not to say that we never are the low bidder, there are occasions when that is all that will get you the job, but not all of our work is low bid. Even on the low bids, we usually make at least 10% to 15% profit.

I hope that this helped some, I realize that I didn't suggest a price for you because that isn't easy without having all the information or knowing you competitive market. BUT, as an average here in Chicago with hard floor, carpet and window work I would say that $.13 to $.15 would apply. But you are always responsible for your own pricing.

If you have additional questions, please respond.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting janitorial contracts [ 4 Answers ]

Once a potential customer says they already have a cleaning company then what? Do I offer a lower price? It seems the people I am contacting are not the decision makers and really don't want to listen to what I have to say.

Janitorial Services [ 1 Answers ]

I just started a Janitorial business L.L.C. and I would like to know how to bid like a professional on janitorial accounts. Is there a book I can purchase or a sq. ft. estimating chart I can obtain. Also if possible can you help me determine which insurances I will need to obtain for my business?

Janitorial services [ 4 Answers ]

I will like to get an answer, How can I get contracts for my cleaning services?

View more questions Search